E i g h t

"I'll be back." Taehyung said.

He walked away from the small group they created and went outside to call Jin. Taehyung needed a ride back home and kept calling his older brother but no one answered. When he finally gave up he turned around ready to walk back inside the mall but stopped as he saw Jungkook standing outside with his hands in his pockets looking anywhere but at the older.

"I-if you need a ride I can take you home." Jungkook quietly spoke.

Taehyung walked closer to the younger and picked up his bag. "Thank you." The older said as he began walking towards the parking lot. They both sat in the car in silence as Jungkook drove off to Taehyung's house.

When Jungkook arrived at the destination, he looked over at Taehyung and spoke, "Are you really willing to consider us being together?" "Like I said, I'll think about it." Taehyung said with a smile forming on his lips at the sight of the younger. "Can I at least have a kiss before you leave?"

"Don't push it." Taehyung said as he got off the car. "Thank you for the ride though."

***

The next day Taehyung and Jin went to the cafe shop early seeing they needed to prepare. They had seen that the weather today was going to be mostly rainy and really windy. Jin had sent a message to Jungkook at five in the morning but he didn't answered until thirty minutes later.

"Taehyung can you go bring the umbrellas I left them in the car." Jin asked. Taehyung grabbed the car keys from the counter and walked outside, instantly feeling the cold breeze.

Jungkook drove to work looking for a spot to park. It got worse when it began raining extremely hard. He finally found a spot to park in about a mile away from the cafe. He thought about running it but what was the use if he was going to get poured on either way. 

Jungkook scolded himself in his head for forgetting to check the weather. He put his hands over his head, trying to cover himself, but his black shirt, black pants, and converse were already soaked. He was too lost in thought that it took him a moment to realize that the rain had suddenly stopped above him.

He stopped walking and looked to his left seeing Taehyung. "Baby boy you should know better than to walk out in the rain without an umbrella." Taehyung said, letting a faint smile form his lips from the sight of the younger. Jungkook let out a small pout as he shivered. Taehyung gestured for Jungkook to hold the umbrella. Once it was out of his hands, Taehyung took off his big fury jacket that Jin had given him and gave it to Jungkook. 

Taehyung took back the umbrella and continued walking slowly back to the cafe. After a few moments of silence Taehyung decided to speak. "I thought about us." Jungkook looked up and felt himself shiver once again. "I want to date you but I need to find out what Jin would think if we dated. I'm not going to tell him exactly but I'll try to see what he would think."

"And if he doesn't think it's a good idea?"

Taehyung stopped walking and turned to be facing the younger, Jungkook doing the same. A smile formed on his lips as he let his arms tightly wrap around the younger. "I'll be with you either way." 

At that moment Jungkook felt like it was a scene straight out of a movie coming to life. He imagined a soft melody playing in the background as the rain would suddenly stop and Taehyung would drop his umbrella on the floor and kiss Jungkook. Maybe not a full on kiss but a soft peck. But sadly for him, this was real life and real life was full of shit and nothing like the movies. Little did he know, that scene would soon come.

"Let's go." Taehyung softly said. Jungkook let his arms slowly unfold from the older's neck and continued walking. 

When they made it inside the cafe, Jin gasped looking at the maknae. "What happened?!" Jin said rushing over to Jungkook and pushed him into his office, giving him new clothes. When he came out, he wore a white long sleeve hoodie with black jeans along with old shoes that Taehyung would normally keep in Jin's office.

"Nice shoes." Taehyung complimented looking at Jungkook. "Whatever." The younger responded. Jin walked over to the door and flipped the sign and smiled at the two younger boys. "Jungkook you can make the drinks for today and Taehyung you can pass them out while I'll be here." Jin said, standing behind the cash register. They both nodded before heading to their spots as customers flooded the cafe.