E l e v e n

There was something about parks that always brought joy to Taehyung. Maybe it was the fact that every time he was there he would remember Jin fighting with a puppy or maybe it was because of the kids running around. 

He couldn't lie, he's always wanted a family. He dreamt of having kids that would look up to him the way he did to his father.

Taehyung was currently sitting down on a swing watching the kids run around in the grass, playing a game of tag.

"So.." Jungkook said, breaking the silence. "Jin didn't approve of us?"

Taehyung shook his head. He got off his swing and went behind Jungkook, who was still on his swing. "Let's not worry about him right now." Taehyung wrapped his arms around the younger's waist, putting his chin on his shoulder. 

Jungkook smiled, dropping his head back. "I'm glad to see you're finally accepting us to be together." Jungkook said, earning a hum from the older. 

They stayed in that position for a long time, enjoying each other's company and the way the sun barely touch them, giving off heat. It was still pretty cloudy but the sun was still out there, shining rays of light around the city. 

"Excuse me." 

Both boys opened their eyes and looked down seeing a small boy holding hands with a little girl. They looked around the age of four to six. "Yes?" Taehyung asked, unfolding his hands from the younger's waist. "We can't find our mommy, can you help us please?" The little boy asked.

Taehyung was about to speak but before he could, Jungkook got off the swing and kneeled down in front of the kids. "Is this your sister?" Jungkook asked. The little boy nodded as he looked over to his baby sister who had her thumb in her mouth while her other hand carried a doll. "Where was the last time you saw your mom at?" Jungkook asked the boy, though his attention was on the little girl. 

"We were at the monkey bars over there." The little boy pointed. "She said she was going to the car to get something and told me to watch over Ellie...but then Ellie ran when mommy left and I chased her and now I don't know where mommy is." 

Jungkook nodded and grabbed the boys hand, as for Taehyung, he grabbed the little girls hand. "Let's go find her then." Taehyung said, showing his boxy smile, making the little kids mirror it. 

As they began walking, Ellie, the little four year old girl, let go of her brother's hand and looked up at Taehyung. She threw her hands up, gesturing that she wanted to be carried. Taehyung laughed and carried her. He pretended he was going to drop her, which made her laugh. He continued doing that until she pointed at the flowers, wanting to pick some out for her mom. 

"Go, I'll wait with him." Jungkook said, looking at Taehyung run off, picking flowers with little Ellie. 

Jungkook heard a noise close to a choke and looked down, noticing the little boy was crying. "Hey, don't worry. We'll find your mom, okay?" Jungkook hugged the little boy, in which he hugged back tighter. "It's not that. I had one job which was to watch Ellie. I'm her big brother and I couldn't even control her from running off and now because of me we can't find mommy!" 

Jungkook patted the little boy's back as he pouted. How could a little kid feel so much weight on his shoulders at this young age?

"What are you talking about? You're an amazing brother! You chased after your little sister and didn't let her run off. You kept an eye on her even if it meant getting lost. That's really brave of you." The little boy let go of Jungkook and looked at him in the eyes. "Really?" The little boy asked. Jungkook nodded, reaching up to the boys face, wiping away his tears. "Let's go find your mom now, okay?" 

The little boy hugged Jungkook once more, before holding his hand again, continuing to search. "My name is Eddie by the way." Jungkook looked down and smiled. "I'm Jungkook and that's Taehyung." Eddie looked over at Taehyung and smiled as he saw his sister handing him flowers for him to hold. "Ellie really likes him. She's usually shy around people she doesn't know." Jungkook smiled, watching his hyung. 

Let's just say, Taehyung isn't the only one who's been dreaming of having a family.

"Sorry we took long. Did you know there was another garden over there? It's so beautiful! There were roses, dahlias, petunias, and tulips!" Taehyung excitingly said. Both Jungkook and Eddie laughed. "I guess I know why Ellie likes him so much." 

After a while of searching for their mother, Jungkook thought about going back to the monkey bars where they were first at. "Could you take us to the specific monkey bars that you were at earlier?" Jungkook asked Eddie. He nodded, as they all turned around and walked back. 

When they got to the monkey bars, they saw a lady sitting by a bench on her phone, sounding like she was freaking out. "Mommy!" Ellie shouted. Taehyung put the little girl back down on the ground and watched her run up to her mother. The lady ended her phone call and hugged her daughter. Jungkook let go of Eddie's hand as he as well ran up to her.

"I've been worried sick! Thank god you guys are alright!" Their mom said. Taehyung and Jungkook stood there watching them. It was a sweet moment for them. To see the big brother didn't fail, not that he had in the first place.

"I didn't know you were good with kids." Taehyung said. Jungkook shrugged, he didn't either. "I guess I've always wanted kids that I did what I would want other people to do if my kids were to get lost just like they did..not that I'd lose them in the first place." Taehyung smacked the younger's arm. "Hey!" Jungkook looked at Taehyung, with a slight confused and silly face. "Too soon asshole-" 

"Thank you for helping my kids find their way back to me." The mother came up to the two boys, cutting Taehyung off. "No problem." Taehyung smiled. "You have really amazing kids ma'am. I hope you know that." Jungkook said, really meaning it. "Thank you." 

"Mommy! I picked some flowers for you with the help of V!" Ellie handed her mom the flowers. "V?" Jungkook questioned. "I guess Taehyung was too hard for her to say." Taehyung said, earning a laugh from both the mother and Jungkook.

"We better get going. Come on kids." The mother said. Ellie ran up to her mom and held her hand, as for Eddie..."Thank you for everything." He said looking up at the two older boys. Before he left he hugged Jungkook's leg and took off running back to his mother. 

"We should go too."Taehyung suggested. Jungkook nodded and began walking. Taehyung held Jungkook's hand as they walked in silence. They were happy to know one new thing of each other.

They both wanted kids.