9 - Expensive, Expensive, Expensive

I wake up the next day on a strangely soft bed. It feels as if I'm sleeping on clouds.

And then I remember that I'm not at home. I'm in my new home. In Chris's home.

I get up and walk into the bathroom that's in my room. I take a long shower and enjoy the moments as the water rolls down my back. I feel the hair stick on my back and a bit down my butt. I seriously need to trim that.

After I showered myself, I put on a pair of black jeans shorts and a white oversized shirt. I go down the white marble staircase in knee high black and white knee high polka dot shorts.

It's 9:35 now and I don't know what to do so I decide to explore the house. I don't enter any of the rooms though. But I do go out in the backyard.

I open the transparent sliding glass doors. The sight awes me. There are roses and green grass everywhere. There's a large tree that looks quite sturdy and a large brown wooden swing, enough for two to sit on, swings slowly with the faint rush of the wind.

I sit on the soft damp grass for a while, enjoying the nature surrounding me. It's like a whole new different world. Awesome.

I go inside after a while and then search the fridge. When I open it, I nearly cry. Food. Everywhere.

I take out all the ingredients and tools I need for my breakfast. Of course it takes some time to find everything.

I make myself some waffles in the expensive waffle machine,coffee in the expensive coffee machine, eggs and bacon in the expensive pan that's on the expensive stove. Did I mention that everything is expensive?

I sit on the counter with a sigh and my orange juice.

Then I think, I need to ask Chris questions. Like how long we're going to be married. Surely we can't stay married forever. And I made a promise to go back. And I will.

After breakfast, I clean whatever I dirtied and soon the kitchen is back to sparkling. I've noticed something actually. He doesn't have any made, servants, or even cleaners. Does he live all alone in this huge Palace? What about his family? Does he have parents? Siblings? So many questions run through my mind.

Maybe I should explore California. Or I could go visit Chris. No....he wouldn't want me there. I don't want me there. I would surely get lost here because I barely know anything about California.

That's why you have GPS.

Or maybe it's just because I'm lazy.

I decide to sit in the living room and watch television. I binge watch for about 6 hours, yup that's a long time but it was so worth it. I fall asleep and wake up two hours later then, since I am nice and Chris doesn't have cooks, i decide to make dinner.

I make mum and I's special casserole. It tastes like no other. It's a recipe that has been shared from generation to generation. It actually only started from my great grandmother but its still special.

I make some vegetables with it and cranberry juice from the cranberries I found in the garden.

Two hours later and I'm sitting on the couch in an over sized cream woolen Jersey. No pants besides my woolen socks. I'm reading one of my all time favourite novels, Romeo and Juliet.

After some time, I hear the door open. My eyes flick up and then down quickly but back up when I notice Chris.

He doesn't even spare me a glance. Ouch.

"Uh... Hello to you too." no reply. So I try again, "You know if you're hungry, I made dinner."

I wait. But no reply, "OK then...." i look back down at my book awkwardly, feeling embarrassed for some funny reason.

I also feel hurt. He could've at least said something. Like no thank you or hey.

Ass hole.

********