27 - Lunch

The next morning I wake up on a rock hard surface. It rises and falls. And it smells really good too.

I shoot up immediately recognising that delicious scent. I've been laying on top of Chris this whole time. I blush in embarrassment and am I glad he is asleep?

I quickly stand up and realise that we slept on the floor last night. He stayed with me.

That warms my heart and I don't fight it.

I move to the bathroom then get dressed for work. I'm so glad it's Friday because it's weekend.

Since it is hot today, I wear a floral mid thigh skirt that's high waisted, a white shirt sleeved sweater that's tucked in the skirt and my denim jacket. I cut sleeves off long ago. I put on some sandals that show off my non painted toes. Since my hair is extra long it goes in a very nice bun at the top of my head. I fix my fringe and put on some lip gloss and eyeliner.

I feel like I need to look good today, you know?

I skip f down the stairs and into the kitchen where Chris is standing, sipping on his coffee. He is obviously in his suit.

"Morning." i greet him.

"Hey." he greets back, "Anja, about last night..."he trails off and I stop him right here.

" Chris. I forgive you and I'm sorry too. You didn't know. I've told Shawn about it, and I guess I haven't healed properly yet. Until last night. I feel lighter, you know? I feel free. Yes I was raped and I'm not proudly of it but I'm not ashamed. It's not like I asked for it. There's nothing anyone could do to have changed that. I've accepted it. "i finish.

I make me a banana shake and wait for it to blend finish.

" I just wish I could've been there or something. Fuck! I was such a dick."he curses and runs a hand through his hair. That was so hot.

"But you weren't. And it's over now. Now I need you to tell me something."

"What is it? Anything." he says too quickly and stands up straight.

I pour my shake into a mug, "Why are you still here, talking to me? Why haven't you run away yet? Or maybe you secretly hate me?"

He sighs out loud and walks over toward me. His hands go to my upper arm, "Anja. Like I said last night, I care for you, deeply. I won't just run away or hate because of some guy who took advantage of you. It was no choice that you could've made. You do not owe anyone your body or your soul. As long as I know you, I won't let any harm near you. "

He pulls me into his chest and I hug him back," Thank you. "i whisper, genuinely.

"It's no problem sugar. You weren't made to fall in line." he whispers and I pull away from him.

He looks super worried while I'm sure I have a huge smile on my face, "Chris that's it! We weren't made to fall in line."

"What?" he frowns.

I shake my head grabbing my phone, keys and shake, "Thanks, you're the best. I'll see you later."

I don't know what the hell possessed me but I leaned up and kissed him on his cheek then I left the house to work.

********

After I explained the situation to Blair, I see he has a tear falling down his cheek.

Yes, I told him about the rape and he immediately engulfs me in a hug, "Of course you can do this song. If it helps you heal then do be it. I mean, look at you. How could someone do something so horrible?"

He pulls away from the hug and I smile at him, "Its okay. I healed last night."

"It's that arranged fiance of yours isn't it?" he eyes me skeptically.

I throw my head back, then come to a final conclusion, "Yes. Yes it was him. There's something about him that's just so... Him."

"Darling maybe you'd tell me who the hell he is?"

"No. That can't do. You'll just have yo see him first. Now I need to go get ready for this video." I leave him sitting there half sulking.

Time for some work.

***

Hours later of me working in the graphics and choreography, Martha calls me.

"Anja. There's a man waiting for you at the bar."

I frown, "A man?"

She smiles at me, "Yes, he claims to be your fiance."

My eyes widen, "Thanks Martha."

Then I rush to the mini bar that Blair and I sit at in the mornings. Just like Martha said, the fine specimen is sitting there, looking around until his eyes land on me.

I walk toward him with a smile, "Hey."

"Hi."he greets back then looks at his watch."I'm fifteen minutes early for your lunch break, so I'm inviting you for lunch."

"Lunch?" I question confused.

"Yes. Usually I have you for breakfast but this morning you were all in a rush so I figured I'd have you for lunch. Pun unintended." he adds the last part when I have the urge to laugh.

"OK. Just fifteen more minutes." i touch his hand then go back to the studio that's right opposite the bar.

I breath out. I'm going to lunch with the hottest guy in this room.

"Why is Christopher Quay in this studio?" a voice comes from behind me.

I smile, "That's my fiance." I speak back.

"What!?" he screams and I laugh.

"I told you'd never believe me. I read the magazines and blogs about him Blair. He's a player, a fuck boy and never stays with one woman. So what makes me think that he'd stay with me? It's on paper." i explain.

"Homey, you've got the hottest man in California right in your palm. I'm going to go meet him."

I laugh at Blair's retreating back, "Go to hell Blair."

I get back to work. About ten minutes later, I'm ready to have lunch with my fiance. I did not just say that.

I walk to where he's sitting with Blair, "Hi. I'm ready."

"Hey. Let's go." Chris says sounding relieved.

"Blair I'll be back in half an hour."

"Take your time darling." he waves it off.

I just laugh and let Chris take my hand.

"Anja! Anja wait!" I stop and turn to Martha.

"Do you want the hair to be red or turquoise?"she asks.

I laugh,"You could've just asked me when I got back but make it red. A really dark red and tell the guys to jump over and not through."

"Thanks. God, you're a lifesaver." she mutters the last part and turns around to leave.

I smile at her and turn back to Chris, "Let's go?"

He nods and puts his arm over my shoulder, "You know? It has just come to my attention that you are very famous in this building, they're speaking of you everywhere. Even at my work place. I'm getting jealous."

"Well then you're lucky you're marrying me." i repeat the same words he said once upon a time.

And unlike saying what I said, he says something else, "That I am."

A zoo got let loose in my stomach.

*******