20 - An Act

Everyone please watch the video above right till the end. Please.

***

This night is not going great at all.

Chris is stressed because getting the Raichands on his side was half finished but the other half is not happening because the person isn't pitching up.

"Well get someone else to perform. Now!" he shouts lowly over the Bluetooth speaker.

Chris hired someone to sing for the couple's anniversary. Nobody knows about it either except for me and his PA. It's not a nice scene seeing Chris so worked up.

"Just stay here. I need a drink." he doesn't look at me and then leaves. I feel hurt but I brush it off when I realise that it's just the stress talking.

I don't reply as he leaves. He walk to the other side of the room and pours himself something. I keep my eyes trained on him all the time.

Suddenly a lady walks up to him. She is very blonde and is wearing a very pink saree. I can't see her face but I am sure she looks familiar.

Her hand goes up his shoulder and instead of pushing her away, he smirks at her. That bastard! What happened to I'll be by your side all night?

A waiter walks past me but I stop him and take one of his champagne glasses. I gulp that down plus another one.

I'll show him.

I stalk to the back of the flat stage where the orchestra is performing. I go through the curtains and look for someone in specific.

Bingo. I walk toward him, "Are you supposed to be performing tonight?" I ask him.

"Y-yes I am. Are you the woman that was supposed to be here an hour ago?" he fires back.

I smirk, "No. I'm the man who hired you's wife." I can't believe I just said that. "Now are we going to perform or what?"

"Wife? P-perform? No. I can't sing with you." he turns to walk away but I grab him by his arm, "Oh no you don't. You will sing with me whether you like it or not. Now what are you performing?"

He is probably scared shitless, "Fine. Fine. I'll tell you. Just let me go."

I let him go but before he can speak I decide to change a few things, "Do you know the soundtrack from Khabhi Kushi?" I ask.

Khabhi kushi is a hindi movie. A sad one too.

"Of course." he answers. Did I forget to tell you that this guy is Indian? He's like the next version of Saddarth Kapoor. Cute. Not hot.

"Then you obviously now 'Suraj Hua Maddham?'" I ask.

"Yeah."

I slap his shoulder lightly, "Great then that's what we'll perform. Just follow my lead and do everything like they do in the scene, OK? Besides the kissing parts. At all."

I turn away from him but his voice stops me, "If I'm dead by tomorrow, my blood is on your hands. Know that."

"OK." i shrug. "Switch the lights off and make it lighter slowly when he starts singing."i order the people who are in charge of the lighting.

My partner probably went out to tell the orchestra what to play.

When he comes back in all he says is," We're ready. "

I nod and we take our positions. His is behind me and my head is bowed.

I hear the click of the lights and the humming of the people. They're panicking.