23 - You Don't Hate Me

After breakfast, I soon made my way to work. Chris can really cook.

I walk in the studio with a smile on my face and immediately spot Blair sitting with his back facing me.

I sneak up behind him and put py hands over his eyes, "Guess who?" I sing.

He laughs and removes my hands, "Good morning Anja. Why are you in such a good mood?"

He collects his magazines and starts walking, I follow, "I can't be in a good mood?"

"I didn't say that honey, trust me it healthy, but it's not normal to see you like this." he spins around, his hands paper free and arms folded, "Spill."

The evil glint in his eyes are so unbearable that I have to tell him. And why do I sound so excited, it was just breakfast! We take a seat in a quieter area.

"That is so sweet" he gushes at me after I finished my talking.

"But you don't understand Blair."

"Understand what darling? You both love each other." if only he knew....

"I trust you, right? And I love you. I really want to tell you but if this gets out, then we're all doomed." i look at Blair with my story face.

But he just smiles, "It's alright honey. I trust you too and when you're ready to tell me, you can. I'm always here."

And I think that's what I wanted to hear so I tell him. Everything.

He doesn't look very surprised when he hears that Chris and I don't love each other and that it's just a set up.

"You Left out the part where you tell me who he is." Blair reminds. I really don't want to tell him that.

"Yeah, no. I can't do that part. Sorry." my eyes trail down to the magazine, and Lord have mercy, why is Chris's face on the front cover?! I act clueless when I ask Blair, "Blair, who is this?"

"That hot piece of meat is Christopher Quay darling. The hottest guy in California and the most wanted by men and women. He is the youngest billionaire known to man. Do some research on him. How I wish I had a piece of him." Blair has this dreamy look in his eyes.

He smiles at me, "Anyways, I will find out who he is and you know what else?"

"What?" I am really interested. In who Chris is too.

"I think you like him."

"I do not." because I really don't.

"You made a huge deal about him making you a breakfast that you ate on most of your days at home." he gives me a dry look.

"That doesn't mean I like him, now if you'll excuse me, I should be working." i lift my chin and walk away.

I hear his guffaw from far.

I shake my head but what he says still lingers in my mind....

*****

Later that day, Blair sends his staff home early and gives me the next day off. After much hesitation, I give in. I did research on my way home. I knew that Chris was rich but I didn't know that he owned the business.

I'm at home now but I'm going out again. I exit the estate but without my car, after changing into black and pink leggings, a black and pink sports bra and a white oversized sweater.

I decide to walk around for a bit. Explore. I've been locked up in that mansion for too long.

I made sure to take a little bag with a note pad and pencil with. Back home, I used to sit in the park and draw whatever I saw.