5 - Where To?

A horrid sound escapes from my nose as I blow it out. After the short pause I start crying again.

To further my embarrassment the opens and then shuts just as quickly. "Go away." i croak.

"I'm not going anywhere until you tell me who made you look this horrible." my eyes snap up to a familiar pair of Hazel ones. Sam.

Her long blond hair is in a ponytail and it swings as she stalks over to me.

She immediately pulls me into a hug and I let her. I cry on her shoulder until she pulls me back gently by my shoulders. "Anja, what happened?"

And so I tell her everything. She has this murderous looks on her face each time, and there would've been deaths if I hadn't stopped her.

"Anja, I'm so sorry." tears prick her eyes, "I don't want you to go."

By now the tears aren't falling anymore but they're still there, threatening to spill.

"I don't want to go either, Sam but I owe mum and dad everything. It was because of them that I went to university, that I am happy."

Her first tear falls and then another and another and another, "But its all he way in California. Lord knows how much miles away."

I learnt that we'll be leaving tomorrow, late afternoon. Since he lives there.

"Have you spoken to Shawn?" aah, the million dollar question.

Then my tears spill too, "No! He'll be devastated." i cry on her lap and she cries with me.

To think that we spoke of this that's happening now two days ago. What a coincidence that it is happening.

"You have to tell him."

"I know and I will. Just not now. I don't want to see him. I have to keep my distance to get used to it."

"I'm not going clubbing tonight. I'm going to spend the last few minutes with my best friend."she takes out her phone.

" No Sam. Go enjoy yourself. Please."i persist and after much debating, I agree to let her stay.

She messages Shawn to tell him that we won't be coming. 'Girl problems'.

"Thank you." i whisper.

"Don't thank me yet. We are going to eat from your secret stash all night and watch Blair's cover girls." I'm suddenly excited and everything fades from my mind. How I wish I could stay like this forever.

Blair's cover girls is a show. They upload videos about twice a month. Blair is the owner's name. He brings young people in and trains them to sing, if they have the voice and moves, he puts them on the show where they sing and dance to songs. So it's like he puts together cover bands and remakes the video.

It's amazing work and he earns quite a lot for doing that.

My secret stash is a whole bag full of luxuries.

Soon enough we're watching the show and eating junk food.

******

The night went by pretty quickly and Sam slept over. The next day, today, she helped me pack my things in two suitcases. I don't have much things and I'm leaving some stuff at home.

I called Shawn and asked him to meet me an hour before we need to be at the airport.

I have about fifteen minutes to get ready and then I'm walking to the park.

I put on a pair of dark skinny jeans, high heeled ankle boots and a spaghetti strap sweater. I put a cardigan over that and tie my hair into a loose bun.

I sigh and look at Sam, "How do I tell him, Sam? How?"

She puts her hand on my shoulder, "Only you know that. Do what you think is right. Come on. You'll be late and my mom will be here soon too."

We walk out of my room, "Oh she's here." Sam says and hugs me, "Be strong Anja. I love you. I'll see you at the airport."

"Thanks Sam." i hug her back and as soon as she goes out the front door, someone else steps in.

I learnt that his name is Christopher Quay. He's 23 years old and owns his own company and more than 13 five star hotels all around the world. He also owns 3 five star restaurants in California.

He is a really handsome man and we've never spoken before. He is about 6"0 and everytime I see him he's dressed in a suit. Today he is dressed in a 1 piece navy blue armani suit.

"Have a seat." i gesture to the couches. "Mum!" I call out, "I'm going out."

Mum comes from the kitchen, "You're going to meet him him now?"

I just nod my head.

"I'll take her." a voice from behind says.

My whole body snaps the opposite way at the unfamiliar voice.

Christopher. His voice is deep, but velvety and smooth. Almost edible. It's also emotionless. Flat.

Is he talking about me? He doesn't even know where I'm going.

"No thanks. I can walk." i don't look at him when I speak.

"Nonsense honey. The park is about 15 minutes away." i know mum is right.

If I walk to the park now I'll only have a few minutes to talk to him. And I need to actually explain.

"Fine." i sigh and walk out of the house.

My breath halts and so does my step when my eyes land on a steel beauty. Its a sight to make any woman cry. But not this one.

"Like what you see?" Christopher whispers as he walks past me. I can feel that smirk on his face.

I glare at the back of his head then I get in the blue Bugatti Veron. It smells manly and the seats are leather.

I inhale the lovely scent but I get snapped out of my moment by that now very familiar deep voice,"Where to?"

********