15 - Ours

I open my door but the latch is stuck. It won't open. Dammit. Or maybe..... Its locked.

I exit the hallway and stand behind the wooden balcony. Chris is sitting on the couch with his darn laptop, sipping from his expensive whiskey.

"Chris." i call out. He looks behind him and his grey-blue eyes catch mine. "Why is my room door not opening?"

Recognition masks his handsome face, "I thought you were going to ask that since I knew that you didn't get the crystal clear message."

"What message?"

"The one where there is no 'mine' or 'yours' or even 'I'." he goes back to typing away on his laptop.

"Stop talking in riddles. What the hell is going on."

His eyes are still on screen when he replies, "It's simple. What's mine is yours and what's yours is mine. So we share everything."

I see where this is going, "We are not sharing a room Christopher Quay!"

"Yes darling we are."

"This is so irrational." i stomp my foot like the mature 21 year old I am. Then I march to the other doors. Perhaps they are bedrooms. But they won't open.

I groan and try the last door in this long ass hallway.

"I locked all the doors, sugar." his voice holds amusement.

"I do not find this funny, Chris. What about my clothing?"

"If you'd go into our room and explore then maybe you'd find something."

I groan in frustration, "I hate you Christopher Quay." and with that I spin on my heel and barge into his room furiously. My fury leaves me slowly as I take in every piece slowly and with awe.

Wow. I'd I though my room was huge or beautiful you really should see this. I am standing by the door now and on the far opposite side of the room is a floor-to-ceiling transparent window. I can see almost everything from here. On my right side are two doors that are very far apart from each other.

On my left side is a bed bigger than king sized. It has a very dark shade of blue almost black and white covers over it. The headboard is black and there are black bedside tables on either side of the bed. There is a lamp on it too. Right in the middle of the two doors that are far opposite the bed, is a flat screen humongous television. It's implanted in the wall. This is the hugest TV I've ever seen.

"Holy shit." i whisper. There's no exaggeration here. Underestimation maybe.

In front of the bed is something that looks like a couch but it's smaller and has no back or front. What is the purpose of that?

I go in the first door and find a huge ass bathroom. It bigger than the one in my room. What was my room.

Everything is marble. He loves marble. I smile at that. I close the door and walk to the other door. I notice that the floor is wooden. A beautiful mahogany shade. I open the door and a light but quiet laugh escapes my mouth. My heart is beating so fast right now.

The floor in this room is wooden and there are different white racks, shelves and drawers. It's like a shopping mall. On the left hand side is the mens section. His bubblegum-mint scent is everywhere. Yes, I unintentionally smelled him. So what? Suits are hung up almost everywhere. Then there are different types of jeans hung up. Then there are shirts. The t-shirts are folded neatly and on racks arranged neatly. At the bottom shelves are all his shoes. Right to the end of the closet is his perfumes and hair things. There is a floor length mirror stuck on the wall.

On the right hand side is the woman's section. Dresses, formal wear, formal dresses are hung up in racks. I see most of my clothing here and there. Shelves are lined up with my shoes. Most of them aren't even mine. They look so perfect. Sneakers, heels, boots, stilettos, flats, pumps. Everything. My jeans and most which are not mine, is hung up neatly. On the top shelf are bags. Gucci is what catches my eyes first. I take a look at one of the tags on the white blouse. 700 fucking dollars!? For a blouse? At the end of the closet, is a dressing table with different types of make-up sitting there, waiting for someone to use them. Too bad I don't use foundation or concealer. Besides when I have bruises to cover. I open the long ass drawer and see a flat iron and a hairdryer. A curling iron too. And brushes. There are perfumes. Many perfumes and I can't help but have the scent fill my nostrils. In the center of the closet is a couch kind of a thing. I sit on it for a while. Thinking... About what? Nothing. My brain is clouded and right now I need a shower.

I exit the closet, closing the door behind me. A voice startles me, "You like, eh?" his voice.

I nod, "It's beautiful."

He walks towards me and tilts my chin up, "Then why do you look so glum?"

"Because I didn't ask for this. I don't want any of this. It's yours. Your money. I mean, 700$ for a blouse?" I step back.

He just shrugs, "I make billions every year. I never had anything worth it to spend it on."

That makes me frown, but the fluttering in my heart takes over, "I'm worth your money?"

"No." he says straightforward and my heart breaks, "You're worth much more." my head snaps up to his and I feel a rush of emotions take over as I rush to the bathroom.

I turn the shower on and strip immediately, hopping into the warm water. Why am I crying?

I am feeling things that I've never felt before. No even Shawn made me feel this way.

Chris, he makes me feel like I'm worth it. But he makes me feel like I'm worthless too. Either way, my heart flutters every time I'm near him. It's like im on drugs. Every time I need a fix, I need him. He's my fix.

Oh this bullshit. I wipe my tears, refusing to think about him anymore and wash myself.

And now my hair is wet too. I towel dry it and because of my stupidness, I didn't take clothing with me.

I wrap the towel around me and get out of that bathroom. I quickly go into the closet and because I'm nice, I steal one of his shirts. I pull the oversized shirt over me. Perfect. It goes till the middle of my thighs and the neckline is a bit wide. But it smells so good. I brush my hair out and feel a slight breeze. Where is that coming from?

I exit the closet, closing the door behind me. There is another door open. A door on the other side of the room. I slowly walk to the door and and see that it's a balcony. I go out and notice two white painted chairs and a table. I rest my hands on the railing and finally notice the ring again. I forgot about it actually. It's beautiful. The flower pattern. The way the moon reflects on it. I trace my fingers over the detail of it.

A stray tear falls down my cheek and on the ring. Like in slow motion.

I breath in the fresh nights air. I realised that he lives away from all the other houses. Not far away but he has his own large lawn. His estate.

Then my mind goes back to where I'm sleeping. I can't sleep on the floor because the last time I did that, I got a pain in the neck and embarrassed myself in front of the man I never thought I'd marry.

The bed it is then. I just hope he's net in there yet. I peep inside the room and thankfully hear the shower running.

I close the balcony door and gently open the covers of the bed. I lay down gently and damn, even the bed is softer.

I'm immediately greeted by the darkness that takes over.

**********