00 - daddy material

^ University of Washington, Seattle
————
Elise Halder
————

I used to love walking around this campus. I really, really loved it. I used to shuffle around these streets in awe, young and wide eyed. I had so much admiration for the intricate old buildings and just the simple beauty of the whole place. I still do, really. I still find it just as beautiful at 18 years old as I did at 12 years old.

But as I sit here underneath the array of Japanese cherry blossoms, I find myself a bit overwhelmed.

Maybe the right word isn't overwhelmed. Perhaps it's just simple nerves. Perhaps after years of working towards being here, I find myself feeling uneasy when I remember that I actually do go here, that I actually am a part of this place.

Maybe it's because my family left a little over an hour ago, and now I sit here with my newfound independence that I have yet to figure out how to handle. Maybe because this time I'm not here for a visit to add the school to a list of prospects for my future, because this is that future. I'm living it, and I can't seem to rid myself of the nerves that creep into the pit of my stomach.

Or, maybe I'm just a little frazzled by the booming voice of my best friend, Cassie Lavera, who, quite breathlessly, is jogging straight towards my position under the trees.

"Dude-" she catches her breath.

"I-"she breathes again. "-literally have been running around looking for your ass and you're just sitting here?" She scoffs.

I let out a little chuckle at the eccentric blue haired girl, who is nearly panting on her knees in dramatic fashion, before replying.

"Chill out, would ya? I just needed a little breather, okay?"

"Don't tell me to chill out when I just willingly participated in exercise on your behalf," She makes a sour expression at the word as if it physically pains her to say it.

I laugh again, rolling my eyes lightly at my best friend's flair for the dramatics.

"Yeah, sorry, I forgot. God forbid you actually have to do any sort of physical activity, willingly." I play along.

"Exactly!" She flairs her arms out for the effect.

"Anyways," she drags out the word, emphasizing it, "as I was saying, I need some food, like, now or I might actually die, so can you stop moping around and get your ass up, please?"

"God, you're so dr-"

She holds up a hand, effectively cutting me off.

"First of all, being dramatic is my thing, buddy, and you know that. Second, Michael was the one who suggested we go get some food, so let's save the attitude for him, yeah?"

Before I get a chance to retort, she's grabbing my wrist and yanking me from my sitting position. She pulls a bit too hard , though, and I nearly stumble into the dark haired boy who reaches a tanned arm out to stop me from toppling over.

I look up to see my other best friend, Calum Hood, gripping my wrist with an amused expression on his face.

"Careful there, Lisi," He drops my arm. "We don't need a repeat of the first day of sophomore year, yeah?" He snorts.

I let out a groan at the memory. I couldn't go a day without one of them reminding me of my tragic face plant at the entrance of our high school on the first day back from summer break, where a 16 year old me was ready to crawl in a hole and die while nearly all of my classmates watched and snickered quietly.

"Shut up," I mumble. "It's not my fault for being naturally clumsy."

"You're right," Cassie butts in. "You can blame Daddy Halder for that one-"

I grimace at the odd nickname for my father. Cassie knows how uncomfortable it makes me, but I say nothing.

"You guys talking about me? I heard daddy-"

"God, Ashton, keep your kinks to yourself, would you?"

"Listen, smurf-"

"Oooh so original Irwin, it's not like I haven't heard that one a thousand times-"

"Guys," Calum attempts to stop the two from their pointless bickering.

"-I am absolutely daddy material and you know it, Lavera. Just accept the fact and move on." Ashton finishes, quite proud of himself.

"He so is," Michael, our red haired friend, who seemingly appeared out of no where, pipes up. "We've been calling him daddy for, like, ever and it just fits." He shrugs, popping a lone pizza roll in his mouth.

"Where the hell did you all come from?" I murmur, rubbing my temples.

"Your mom." Cassie quips, earning an eye roll from me.

"Michael, god damn it, you just said you wanted to go get pizza! Why the hell do you have pizza rolls?" Calum scolds and slaps away the second roll Michael was about to pop into his mouth.

He glares up at Calum. "Fuck you, Column, I was hungry and you guys took too long to get little Lisi over here." He says, waving his hand in my direction. I huff but say nothing in return.

"Call me Column one more fucking time, Cliffo-"

"Guys," Ashton speaks up, exasperated. "Let's just go and explore this damn campus so we can get a move on with this college life, okay? And don't swear, little ones."

Nobody says anything, we just watch as our friend grabs a red bandana from the back pocket of his black skinnies and starts to walk briskly away before turning around to glance back at us.

"Come along children, we've got a lot to see here!" He speaks giddily, using the bandana to tame the light brown curls framing his face.

A collective sigh is made throughout our little group, along with a mumbles of "Okay, dad." as we follow after him like ducklings.

The uneasy feeling in my stomach is pushed to the side. I was determined to get through this without any more negativity, but I couldn't help but feel like this year was going to be quite a handful.

————

HELLO!

I've been wanting to do this for sooo long and I finally said fuck it, so here we go.

Don't worry about the lack of Luke, this is just the beginning, daddy will come in soon. (;

Quick note- this isn't a daddy kink fic, LOL, it's used mostly as a joke in this story. BUT, that being said, there will be sexual content and you have been warned.

Bye for now