09 - you're shivering

Elise Halder
————

"Okay now you gotta pay up, Irwin."

"For the last time, we weren't doing anything, you guys." I let out a loud groan and run my hands down my face in exasperation.

I'd been saying these same words over and over in an attempt to convince my four very nosy friends who'd recently caught us in our compromising position.

Luke had yet to say anything, actually, as he seemed rather irritated at the whole ordeal. He sighed deeply when Cassie first interrupted us and reluctantly pushed himself off of the wall and away from me.

I can't say I'm not disappointed that Luke couldn't continue saying whatever he was about to say, because that would be a blatant lie. I am. I really am.

"Then what the hell was that? Some kind of extra credit assignment?" I was absolutely mortified by this point, but Cassie and the three boys seems quite amused by their own inappropriate comments on the matter.

"Oh my god-"

"Don't bring the lord into this when you were about to get it on with Lucifer, little Lisi." Ashton adds, rather smugly.

"I was not about to-"

"Yes you were."

"No I-"

"So he's just your professor, then? Is that what you're saying?" Cassie raises an eyebrow.

I'm about to say yes because that's exactly what I'd been trying to get across the whole time, but Luke speaks before I get the word out.

"No."

All eyes turn to him, including my own, with equally stunned expressions. He's leaned against the opposite wall, one foot propped up, looking angry as ever.

Did he just say no?

"What-" I choke out the word with a dry throat, but Luke isn't having it.

"I said no," he pushes himself off the wall and steps toward me. "Now, if you're all quite done with the interrogation, I need to speak with Elise, privately."

I'm left stunned into silence while I try to wrap my head around his words. He's looking expectantly at my friends, who stand with open mouths and puzzled expressions.

Michael's the first to snap out of it. "Okay, sounds good." He shrugs. Cassie smacks him on the arm.

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

"What's the big deal? It's not like Lisi isn't old enough. Plus, he seems like the kinda guy with condoms out the ass, so we're good, right, Hemmo?"

I start coughing uncontrollably and Luke puts his hand on my lower back and moves his hand up and down ever so gently. "You okay?" He murmurs softy and looks at me with concerned eyes. My heart flips at his gesture and I give him a small smile as I nod.

"I'm so fucking single."

I had almost forgotten that we were in the presence of four other people, who all just witnessed our small moment.

"What the fuck? Does Cashton mean nothing to you?"

"It'll mean something to me when you look at me like that, mate." Calum says, gesturing to Luke and I.

"Alright everybody pause for a second," Cassie starts. "Look, no one loves Lusi more than me but-"

"Lusi?" Luke looks at the girl with confusion.