26 - naughty

Elise Halder
————

Luke is still asleep, and I can't stop looking at him.

I'm not entirely sure how it happened, but sometime during the night, we got closer. Closer to the point that I'm nearly completely on top of him, with one leg hooked around his waist and my chest pressed against his. And I was going to move, really, but Luke has an arm wound tightly around me, keeping me to him.

Also, I couldn't pass up the chance to look at him in his relaxed state, because the man is really quite a sight.

His lips, which are the prettiest shade of pink I've ever seen, are slightly parted, soft breaths blowing through them. My eyes wander to his jaw, which is looking especially pronounced in this moment, because his head is tilted back, straining his neck slightly. His hair, in all its curly glory, lays wildly against the pillow, with a few blonde curls brushing his forehead, and I swear I've never seen anyone quite as captivating.

He looks so effortlessly beautiful, and peaceful, with his eyes closed softly, that I really don't want to wake him, for he seems so stress free.

I think back to our eventful night before, realizing how awful it must've been, for him, to see her. Yet, he spent most of last night comforting me, apologizing for nothing, essentially, because he hadn't done anything wrong.

But I've come to realize that that is just who Luke is. Even when it was his ex, and he was the one having to relive painful memories, he was more concerned with the fact that I'd merely witnessed it.

I let myself replay his soothing words, his careful touches, and feel my heart rate quicken as I look down at him.

This thing with Luke has become very real, very fast.

And as much as I should be scared, or wary, I'm simply the opposite. In fact, I can't keep the smile off my face as I place my hands gently on his chest, raising myself to a sitting position. It proves a bit difficult, though, once I realize I'm straddling his lap, in a position that completely contradicts my earlier wish to let him sleep.

Surely this isn't how he wants to be woken up, right?

I shake my head, feeling ridiculous as I sit here, with my hands laid on his chest and move to get off of him. But I'm too late, because two firm hands shoot out to grab my hips, stopping my movements and placing me back down.

"Going somewhere?"

I've never quite heard his voice so raspy, and I visibly gulp as I look back down at him, with his alert eyes and lazy grin.

"Just, um-" I glance over at the empty spot next to him. "-just over there." I say quietly, in awe as Luke runs his tongue over his lips, still wearing a smug grin.

"But I like you right here, baby," His hands move down to my thighs, which are bare due to the way his shirt has ridden up. "Just like this."

His eyes are gleaming and I can't think straight when his hands are rubbing up and down my skin. "I-I could stay here, then." I mumble.

He smiles. "Good girl."

He seems content, in this moment, and I don't know why, but I really feel like testing my luck this morning.

Maybe you can make him more than content, Elise.

"Luke?"

"Hmm?"

I don't know what to say, or what I'm trying to ask for, but Luke seems to be in a bit of a daze, eyes closed softly as his hands move gently, so I swallow my nerves and take my chances.