12 - sit on my lap

Elise Halder
————

I'd been kissed by a total of four people in my life.

The first had been in my freshman year of high school. It was homecoming, and I'd reluctantly agreed to go with an over enthused boy from my biology class named Kyle. He was nice enough, sure, but he was clingy and stuck to my side the whole night. It was at the end of the night when we were leaving the dance that I was met with a pair of stiff lips on my own. They didn't move, once, and I stood there with open eyes until he finally pulled away.

Needless to say I never talked to Kyle again.

The second time happened in the summer before my Junior year. Cassie, the boys, and I had been drinking cheap vodka in Calum's basement when Michael drunkenly dared Cassie to plant one on me. She shrugged, I shrugged, and that was that. It was a simple kiss and we pulled away with drunken giggles, but the boys gaped at us like they had just witnessed softcore porn.

My third kiss was the first real kiss of my life. It was actually quite sweet, if only its memory wasn't tainted by the hate I felt for the boy. It was after a long night of partying at a friend of Ashton's. So long, in fact, it turned into the morning, and that's exactly when Cade Barton, the only other sober person besides me, pulled me outside to watch the sunrise. I felt him staring at me as I stared at the sky and I remember feeling ecstatic. That's why when he pulled me close and leaned in, I didn't even hesitate before matching his movements. I thought I was the luckiest girl in the world kissing the most perfect boy.

Turns out I was just delusional and he was good at pretending.

And then there was Luke, the fourth person to ever kiss me.

And I really hate him for that because I don't think I can kiss anyone else ever again. I didn't even know a kiss could be like that.

But then again, it's probably only because it's Luke, and everything he does drives me insane.

Damn him and his stupid, beautiful self.

I'm still reminiscing the way Luke's lips felt when a voice reminds me where I am.

"Do you guys think I could pull off a man bun?" Ashton asks, looking at himself in the mirror and pulling at his shaggy hair with his hands.

Michael scoffs. "Man bun? You're like four."

"I'm older than you,"

"Not important," Michael waves him off. "You'll still look like a four year old pretending to be a dad."

Ashton only grins. "I can live with that."

"Simmer down, daddy, your kink is showing," Cassie adds as she walks out of our bathroom.
"By the way, what are you fuckboys doing here anyways?" She crosses her arms.

That's the thing with these boys, they've made a habit of showing up unannounced to Cassie and I's dorm without any real motive.

The three boys collectively shrug and Calum pipes up. "We just knew you two were dying to see us, so we saved you the trouble."

At this I laugh a little. "Yeah, as if we haven't seen you every single day for like, the last five years."

Calum grins and wraps an arm around my side to tug me into the middle of where they're seated. "And it's been five years of bliss, right, little Lisi?" He pats my head and gives me an exaggerated smile.

I roll my eyes and smack his hand away. "Those years about to end right now if you don't stop calling me that," I try to sound threatening but I fail.