2. MINT CHOC AND HEART ATTACKS

Thirty minutes after the meeting ended, I was dropped at home by one of dad's drivers. I went straight to the fridge to get something, when mom came looking excited.

Mom was a petite little work of art. She has the same sky-blue eyes and has blond hair lighter than mine. She worked at a bakery before getting married. My parents used to say that they met when dad came to get coffee and mom's amazing cupcakes from the bakery and later on they fell in love... and the rest is history. Their love for each other is so pure and beautiful. I hope I find love, just like they did.

"Honey, I thought you were getting late today. How was the meeting?" She said and started fussing around me like I'm a princess. 'Damn, I love this woman.' I thought.

"It was boring, Ma. Why did you and dad send me? I could be having fun... or saving people." I said taking out a carton of mint choc chip ice cream and a spoon. I went and sat on top of the counter and started eating while mom took a spoon and invited herself to eat MY ice cream.

"Pfft! What were you going to save? Daylight? Fresh air? You sure aren't saving electricity or our food." She said rolling her eyes.

"HA. HA. HA." I said sarcastically pausing between each word.

"Better shut that cute little mouth if you still want to eat my ice cream, Mrs. Rosati"

"Oh really? I'm sorry I gave you breast milk when you were little. I should have thrown you to the wolves... but then, they'll send your sassy little bum back to us because you were too much work for them." She replied back and muttered the last part. Wow! I don't know how many parents use that to scare their children.

"Meany beany" I said and threw the now empty carton away.

"Oh honey, I almost forgot...you got a delivery before you came home." Mom went to the next room and came back with a bag. She left it in front of me.

I quickly opened it and saw what's inside.

"OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD!!!"

"Honey, what is it? Who sent it?" Mom asked with excitement shining in her eyes.

"I know who it is." I said with a huge smile. My mouth hurting with all the smiling.

"Who? Who? Who?" Mom looked at me with her eyes wide. It's probably killing her to not know what's going on. We have a lot in common.

"Elijah"

She narrowed her eyes, looking suspicious.

"Isn't Elijah that Callas boy? Robert and Amelia's son?"

"Yeah. That's him"

"OH MY GOD!!! It's a bomb. It's a bomb! Call the police, Mila." She said running back and forth trying to find her phone. She was looking anxious and was muttering to herself.

"Ma! Calm down. Stop being such a drama queen. It's just a bag of gummy bears and it's all sealed." I rolled my eyes.

"He must have poisoned it, honey. You never know with these Callas." She said, her eyes still wide and anxious.

"I told him to send this to me. I didn't think he would send such a huge bag. Actually, I didn't think he would send any."

"I don't know what to do with you. When it comes to food, you really don't care about anything else, do you?" Mom said shaking her head and leaving the room.

"Don't tell dad!" I shouted back to her. I don't know what dad would do if he saw this. He'll have a heart attack and I have no intentions of sending him to the hospital and getting myself sent to jail. I can already imagine the headline. 'Daughter gives father a heart attack after eating gummy bears sent from sexy enemy'.

"You better leave some of those gummy bears for me then." She shouted back.

"Little minx" I muttered.

"I heard that. Share or I'll tell your father" She said in a singsong tone.

"Stop blackmailing me, Meany" I pouted.

She did a little dance while leaving the room again.

I couldn't help but laugh. She really needs to stop eating so much sugar. Sometimes she can get too hyper. I always wonder how dad and Damian put up with us. But then they aren't exactly normal either.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A/N - Hey guys! So, I might update on Mondays too. 

Hope you enjoyed the chapter.

What do you think of Mila's mom?