22. LASAGNAS AND RABID DOGS

After finally delivering a birthday cake order to one of the clients from the bakery, I got back into the taxi and exhaled loudly in content, happy that my work for the day is complete. I looked out of the car at the giant pirate ship bouncer that was being occupied by some little kids. Lucky chaps! I would have loved to have some fun in there, but my sundress wasn't the best attire for a fun day bouncing. Being an adult wasn't the best either.

"Where to now, madam?" The taxi driver asked looking through the rear-view mirror

"Home." I smiled and closed my eyes, hoping to take a short nap. However, I opened them back after a few seconds when I couldn't hear the engine or feel the car moving. I looked around to see us still in front of the client's house.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know where home is. I need an address, Madam." He replied with a kind smile.

"Uhh... ha ha. Sorry!" I could feel my face heating up in embarrassment. I quickly gave him the address and sat back. A nap being the last thing on my mind.

While looking at the passing buildings, I noticed "The Commons", a great diner I've always loved. Contemplating whether to stop and grab a bite, I decided to do it and quickly asked the driver to drop me at the entrance. After paying for the taxi, I got out and walked into the air-conditioned café.

'Damn! I haven't been here in ages' I thought with a smile.

After being seated for about 5 minutes at the waiting area, I was finally led to a table. Thankfully, it was at the corner in front of a window, so now I could have a nice, quiet and lonely lunch. The place looked rather full for a Thursday afternoon and I could hear quiet conversations from everywhere. I didn't exactly look around but I can guarantee that I'm the only one who came alone. Even my table had another chair in front of me, unoccupied. Sad, sad, sad....

The waiter came back and I ordered a mixed berry smoothie and their special chicken lasagna. They better get my food fast before I run around the diner, salivating like a rabid dog.

I took out my phone from my handbag and started scrolling through some games to play, when I felt eyes on me. I slowly eyed the room and landed on a pair of familiar eyes.

Beautiful sea green eyes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N - THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR READING!!!! IT MEANS A LOT. HOPE YOU GIVE IT A VOTE, COMMENTS AND SHARES.

GOOD NEWS - I'LL BE POSTING THE EPILOGUE CHAPTER IN A FEW HOURS!!!

APOLOGIES - SORRY ABOUT THE SHORT CHAPTER (THE NEXT ONE WILL BE REALLY LONG.)

Also, some readers asked a long time ago to do a Q and A / fun facts kind of thing about the characters and stuff from all three books. I'm not exactly sure how it's supposed to happen. Any ideas? and should I do it or not?