20. BLOOD, SWEAT AND TEARS

It has been four days after the whole incident and I started work at the bakery again. After returning home, I just watched reruns of Friends, which put me in a far better mood. I even helped Damien with his science project; meaning that I barely restrained from strangling him. What's with our family and strangling? Sisters deserve a prize for dealing with these kinds of pests. It was a long tiring day.

Nevertheless, he better get good grades for it. We put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into the project. Sweat was contributed by me, when I tried to catch him after he said some sarcastic comments about my drawing skills. "Blood" was a contribution from him when I "accidentally" left a nail scratch on his hand. It was just a small scar but Baby GaGa was hell bent on taking revenge from me. Fake tears were also a contribution from Damien Rosati when my mom came to stop our fight. Sadly, for my little brother, she was not impressed with his tears....at all. My comment to Damien, that "a small scar is a small price to pay for living under my roof" didn't go well with her, either.

Finally, after dinner, I sat at my desk, going through some legal documents related to Roots. In about four months, I'll be taking ownership of it and I was totally excited. Something is going right in my life. I quickly tapped my wooden desk, not wanting to jinx it. I don't believe in that kind of superstition but I'll take any kind of good luck right now.

Who knows? I'll probably get a call saying that Isabella waltzed in and the fruits came to life, donating the shop and themselves to her. I wouldn't be surprised if they all have a celebratory dance number to finish it off. Isabella dancing like a gorgeous Mary Poppins/ Snow White with birds and fruits isn't something hard to imagine. If that was made into a musical, obviously I'd be the one in the corner of the room, cloaked in darkness with a hunched back; most certainly tap dancing. Or perhaps looking through the window of Roots in my night gown; just like Wee Willy Winky.

I never thought that I'd be the antagonist of my own story.

I was brought back to reality by the ringing tone of my phone. Hurriedly grabbing the device, a small part of me hoped it'll be Elijah. However, I was disappointed to see an unknown number. I rarely got calls from people, except from my parents, a few friends and work. So, after contemplating whether to answer or not, I gave in. Tapping the green phone icon, I slowly pressed the phone to my ear. The only thing I could hear were the heavy breathing of someone. Not a single word or any background noise. My breath hitched and my heart started to beat rapidly. This was so creepy. I was about to hang up when I heard the most chilling words.

"Soon, I'm going to make your blood run through the streets."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N – WHO DO YOU THINK CALLED MILA? ANY GUESSES?

AND WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE CHAPTER? 😊

BELOW IS THE AUTHOR'S NOTE I FIRST WROTE FOR THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER (19) BUT DIDN'T ADD IT BECAUSE THAT CHAPTER WAS A BIT EMOTIONAL AND I DIDN'T WANT TO RUIN IT.

A/N – HEY! I AM SOOO VERY SORRY FOR TAKING FOREVER TO UPDATE THIS CHAPTER. I JUST HAD NO IDEA HOW TO START WRITING THESE KINDS OF MOMENTS, SO I WASN'T FEELING MOTIVATED TO DO IT. (I'M NOT GOING TO GIVE ANY EXCUSES ABOUT NOT HAVING TIME BECAUSE OF UNIVERSITY AND WORK. I ACTUALLY LOVE MULTI TASKING. I JUST DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO WRITE.)khudarat123

THANK YOU VERRRRRYYY MUCH khudarat123 and _rogueThoughts FOR THE SUPPORT. I STARTED THIS CHAPTER RIGHT AWAY AFTER SEEING YOUR MESSAGES. (I WOULD HAVE STILL FORGOTTEN TO UPDATE, IF I HADN'T SEEN THEM.)

THIS CHAPTER WAS A FILLER. SO, IT WAS A LOT BORING.

AND AGAIN, YOU GUYS ARE SOOOOO PATIENT! THANK YOU!!!!! IT MEANS A LOT!