23. BEAR HUGS AND AN EPILOGUE

ELIJAH'S POV

"Oh man! I'm starving. When's the food coming???" I looked up from my phone to see Dylan whine. Nothing new there.

"You just ate half of the cookies Nyssa brought. How are you still starving? We're the ones who're starving, you dumbass!" Asher accused him with a glare, which in return got him a punch from Nyssa.

"Ow! That hurts, Sweetie." Asher said pouting. We all knew that Nyssa's punches were like light taps; you don't feel a thing. I looked to my left at Isabella who had started a conversation with Dylan. He was sitting on the other seat besides her. Good luck to her; I thought with a smirk. Dylan just knows how to bug you.

The five of us have been waiting for about 10 minutes for our lunch to arrive and Dylan is getting antsy. The café was pretty crowded today so it made sense. I took a swig of my drink and pushed the glass to the table. With the four of them having their own conversations, my thoughts went back to the only person that has been keeping me up all these nights; Mila Rosati.

I wasn't able to get what she said out of my head. That day was just crazy. I hoped to forget about what happened and move on, but it was far more complicated than I expected. If it was some other girl, I would have just ignored it as always. But this was all new. Mila is one of the few girls I've started to care about. Someone I'd have never expected to become friends with but did, and I loved every moment of hanging out with her.

I chuckled quietly when her obsession with fun facts and bizarre imagination came to mind. Asher and Nyssa looked at me with questioning glances but I shook my head while covering it up with a cough. Honestly, there was never a dull moment with Mila.

Shut it, Elijah. You have an amazing girlfriend. I thought, angered at myself.

Just then, the glass double doors opened and a waiter walked in, and behind him came none other than Mila herself. From all the people in the world, it had to be her. She looked absolutely stunning. She was wearing one of those sundresses. A white lace one. And her long hair was let loose over her shoulders. She was ushered to a table in front of a window and fortunately the others couldn't exactly see her due to the tables in the middle. Dylan would have made a scene if he saw her.

I was staring at her when she looked up and glanced around the café and caught me. Her eyes widened in surprise and she quickly looked down, her hair covering her face like a curtain. My thoughts went back to that day after laser tag.

Our lunch finally arrived and I did a quick peep at her, hoping that no one saw her; but it was too late. Dylan was already walking up to her with a huge smile and started a chat with her. He sure knew to make a scene more and more awkward.

"Hey Eli. Isn't that your friend, Miley?" Isabella asked, lacing her fingers through mine.

"Uh.. yeah. Her name is Mila." I replied with a nod.

I felt Asher regarding me, probably wondering what I'm about to do.

We all looked at the encounter between Mila and Dylan. He was clearly forcing her to come to our table, while Mila was visibly reluctant and looked close to a mental breakdown. Dylan really needs to stop jumping into every issue, and stop annoying people. Mila should just beat him up.

She should first beat me up for treating her like shit that day after laser tag. I just acted towards her terribly, going so far to make her cry. She looked broken that day and it was painful to see her like that, not being her usual cheerful self. I didn't even check to see if she got home safely. The guilt never stopped eating me up. Serves me right.