ONE

"Wendy!" called Joy across the street.

Her eyes went searching to where Joy is calling and she saw she's waving. She waved back, smilling.

Joy was wearing her dark blue long sleeve clothes and white satin midi skirt. Her short black hair bounce whenever she move her head from side to side.

Wendy waited for the traffic light to turn green and started to walk with the people as the traffic light turns go.

"Ya, did you lost your formal word? Eonnie?," said Wendy, with her scrunch face. She reaches the other side of the road as Joy smile while giving her a hug.

"Omo, sorry," She broke the hug and starts to cling her hand with Wendy's arms "Wendy eonnie," she adressed it more properly with a slight of aegyo.

They begin to walk in a coffee shop which already been decorated beautifully by balloons, drinks, foods and background props to take pictures.

"I'll go and take the cake out from the fridge," said Joy, uncling her arms from Wendy. She nodded while starting to take off her coat and land it on the square couch. She fixes her long black sleeve clothes and brush of an invisble dirt from her red pleated skirt.

She started to roam the coffee shop and fascinate about the decorations the people did to make the shop standout amazing.

A wall of pictures from their friendship and Irene's families are hang up like an instagram feeds with those string attach to each of the photos to the wall. She liked it. It was aesthetic.

Irene's pictures from her baby year caught her in one glimpse. Wendy let out a small giggle as she examines it.

"Eonnie, can you help me with the candles?," said Joy, walking out from the kitchen with a red velvet ice cream cake. She then put the cake slowly on the round table.

"The cake looks great!," Said wendy, starting to put the '25' stick candle on the center of the cake. "Thanks, I made it," Joy commented.

"Really?"

"No, I'm kidding but I did make the whole strawberries decorations and all except the cake and-"

"You did amazing," wendy pat her shoulder and stop her from blabbering.

Jeno and Jaemin came around the coffee shop door, smilling, with Chenle contentedly trailing their step. They were wearing their casual clothes.

"Is the party started yet?," ask Jaemin. " it will start sharp on 7:21 pm just a few more minutes more you guys just take a seat first." said wendy, smilling to the boys.

"Taeyong should be here now, the party is about to start," Joy was fixing the cake one last time before they were startled by a singing.

"Quick! Close the light!," ordered Wendy, as she quickly take her positions. Chenle turn off the light switch and a giggle was heard when chenle accidentally bump onto a chair.

The singing of happy birthday song is getting closer and closer. Taeyong came in with his phone's torchlight and he saw wendy infront of the coffee shop directing them to enter it slowly as Irene's eyes was blindfold.

"You look beautiful," whispered Taeyong. Wendy's face when red as she shushing him down. He give a peck on wendy's cheek before he lead his friends into the coffee shop.

Chenle turn the lights on when Irene already reach the table which are now full of foods and a cake on the center.

"Happy birthday!," said everyone in unison as Haechan unfold irene's blindfold. Confetti went popping and Joy was startled that she hid behind small wendy.

Irene was speechless as she when wow at the sight of stunning decorations and also the foods that was serve on the table.

"Happy birthday sis!," said jaemin, hugging her. "Happy birthday cuzzie I love you to the moon and back," hug haechan next.

"Woa, woa guys give her space," giggled Wendy. She hand smack Haechan on the forehead and push him away from Irene, same goes to jaemin too. They both laugh as they put their arms around each other shoulders.

"Thank you everyone, really you don't have to do this," said Irene, looking to each of us. "You work to yout fullest to open this coffee shop and this is the least we can repay you with this celebration," explained Wendy.

Irene went towards Wendy and hug her. "Thank you for being there when I needed you the most," she then invited Joy to join her hug and the situation became awkward for the boys.

Taeyong cleared his throat. "So are we gonna eat or what?"

Irene let out a giggle.

"Your boyfie is such a mood destroyer," tease Irene. "He's not my boyfriend!," whispered Wendy back. "He will be." She smiled, turning her back to face the boys.

"Alright, Let's start this birthday party!" claped Irene and Joy joined her.

Irene blew out the candle lights as the happy birthday song came to end. She began to slice the cake and surprise to find her favourite fruit flavour in it.

"Watermelon?," exclaim Irene in amaze. Wendy nodded and admire Irene adorable expression. "Your favourite." she added.

Irene mouthed thank you and went ahead to taste. She love it.

They begin to eat and chatted and sing more karaokes until the time has come for them to call it end.

"Say, wendy do you-," Taeyong hesitated. "Do you want to take a walk?," He finished the sentence with a smile on his face while scratching the back of his neck.

"I don't know," hesitated wendy.

"What she meant was 'Yes, take me I will be gladly too' now run along," Haechan pushes them out from the door and Wendy was taken aback.

She gave Haechan her death glare. "Have a great time." mouthed her brother.

"I'll take that as a yes," He grinned and took Wendy's hand and lead her to the park.