TWENTY THREE

Playlist: Take you home by Troye Sivan

"Yeah okay, I'll make sure Haechan got it, bye mom." Wendy ended the call and sigh. "What did mom want?" ask Yeri. She was preparing their breakfast; Bacon, eggs and baked bean. Wendy pours the hot boiled coffee to her cup and yeri's. "Mom told him to donate his unused clothes to the charity." Yeri made a face.

"Since when mom interested in charity work?" she asked, surprise. Wendy just shrugged. Haechan came down the stairs and yawn loudly. His bed hair sticks everywhere. "Ya, mom said to donate your unused clothes". said Yeri, while taking her seat opposite of Wendy. "Here, have breakfast first before you do it" Wendy invite him to sit down while picking an empty cup and pour milk in it. 

"Yes, breakfast!" He said, with a joyous leap. Haechan quickly washes his hand and dry it while doing a ridiculous dance move that includes hand. He sits between them since the table is round and his fav spot will always be middle. They begin to eat after saying their prayer. Wendy scoops up a number of baked beans and put it on her plate.

"So," Yeri began. Wendy's eyes still on the bacon but shifted when Yeri speaks. "How it's going with Taeyong?" She said, while eating her egg. Wendy raises her eyebrows. "Just trying to dig myself out of a gigantic hole filled with quicksand," while twirling her fork. "Colorful," said Yeri, in a sarcastic remarks.

"How's school?" said Wendy, changing the subject. "Well the usual, not so interesting. I felt like the school needs to spice things up -" Yeri said. "like having magic or something, I mean don't get me wrong you're gonna think I'm crazy but like -"

"I get you," Wendy smiled. "I think about that all the time and it's totally normal." Wendy passed down the salt to Haechan who're asking for it. "School was pretty dull back at my day but it's not until I was this close to being expelled," She chuckled. 

"You were involved in a school fight, is it ... -?" Haechan said. "You did nothing wrong back then you were just trying to help the man, and this punks suddenly shows up and you are the blame for all of it" retort Haechan. "Is there no CCTV at the school backyard?" Yeri asked. "There must be a hidden camera somewhere in case one of them is broke." 

"Guys, it's nothing. It's all in the past, besides I just did what I have to do that poor man would have been seriously injured if I'm not there." Wendy explained. "And I happened to be there when the fights began." Yeri and Haechan exchange looks. "You're clearly are selfless, you got yourself injured by saving others. The person who you saved just turn his back and blame you for all of it and yet you don't deny it, -" Yeri said. "Now we know where her selfless gene came from." Haechan winked. 

Wendy nudge Haechan's arms and laugh. "Mom was pretty badass back then guess I must have inherited Dad's side of softness to be able to slide it off .." Wendy said, smiling. "He was a great dad," Haechan said. Yeri returned Wendy's smile and continue eating their breakfast

Suddenly there's a knock on the door that alerts three of them. "Don't worry I'll get it," Haechan said, ready to get up. "Oh no, you don't." stopping him from getting up. " I'll get it, remember you open a door and recklessly let them in even though you don't know them". Wendy said, making him remember what he had done last time."We thought it was your friend but it turns out you don't even know him." Yeri added. "He was offering a good deal of this new game so i invited him inside." Throwing his hands. "And that was one-time" Haechan scoff, while rolling his eyes. "It was twice" Yeri corrected him. "Shut up" retorted Haechan back to Yeri.

Wendy picks a spoonful of egg and put it in her mouth and munch it while walking her way to the door. She was still on her pajama, hair's a messed and she couldn't care less to fix it cause she expects it must be that nice grandma who always brings baked cookies every Friday. Wendy took a peak on the door's peephole. "What the.." it was black, someone must have blocked it. Wendy unlocks the door key and open it slowly. When she opened it there was no one there.