NINE

Wendy stayed for the night in Taeyong's house after seeing him tired from crying too much. She doesn't have the urge to leave him so wendy was there for him all night.

It must have been a messed thought playing in Taeyong's mind. A rejection from the global dance competition is one of the fear he wouldn't want to have.

Nothing being said a rejection would lead to being a good thing or a bad thing. In Taeyong's case. it was a bad thing.

A sad thought cross her mind when she flashback the training and the endless night he spent in the dancing room beneath his house studio room. He was dedicated and committed to his dance passion and believe somehow he'll make it in. Wendy was there for him every step of the way.

Although sometimes, she hopes that he would make time for them, to go on a normal date, rather than spending time in his studio room."Wendy?" taeyong let out a morning moan. Wendy was already awake one hour ago, but she decided to stay on the bed. "You awake?" wendy smiled. He stares at wendy and smirks."Why are you smirking?" she said, half laughing. He stares again for the longest 5 minutes trying to annoy her but he earned a cry from wendy.

"Oh, baby," realizing he makes a mistake. He stood upright from his laying. "why you crying?" he asked, a hint of worried in his voice. Wendy quickly rubs off her tears. "I'm just sad, sad because it's been your dreams to enter this dance competition b-but they re-rejected you," she said it between her sob.

"You silly baby," he laughs. He wrapped wendy with his hug. "It's sad for me to see you cry like this, please stop," he urge. Wendy tighten their hug and just cry. Taeyong senses that it was his fault for making her worried so much. He can't help but felt sorry for her and at the same time gladful that she was there for him.

If there's any moment that's better than this moment, she wouldn't want to end it. Being with each other companion is what been keeping wendy alive.

Alive knowing someone you love and care is enough for her to forget the things that lately been happening to her. Not the dream, not the stranger, and not her power will stop her from loving Taeyong.

She lost someone dear to her once, someone she called it soulmate. Someone she would want to erase from her memory. Someone that he took her heart with him. That someone.

Wendy went back to her parent's house after Taeyong said he decided to went back to her mother's hometown. His stepdad got into an accident. " That jerk must have trouble mother a lot these days," he scowled. "She would have been great if she's not so blind to accept him as dad replacement" he huffs angrily. 

" How long will you stay there?", asked wendy

" Probably 2 days", he replied

"I'll miss you"

"I've only be gone for 2 days, so don't worry me too much", he assured. His eyes were on wendy's level. He hugged her one last time while wendy buried her face on his coat. " My precious squirrel, don't be crying on another man's shoulder when im gone" Wendy let out a laugh when he said it, and nodded. 

'be safe' she wished for his safety

"Wendy ya! haechan is bothering me again," cried yeri. Wendy snapped back to reality and saw haechan was playing with yeri's bra. "YAA! you rascal, that is not something you can play with!," wendy is now running circle to beat Haechan but missed every time she got chance to hit him with pillow. Their laughs echoed in the living room and it somehow lifted Wendy's spirited out.  It must be a while she got a good laugh like this. 

She wished Taeyong would be here to experience it too, well not with yeri's bra playing around of course. 

"YA your dead meat!," she caught Haechan when he accidentally trips on yeri's feet. Yeri was rolling on the floor while rubbing her feet and said Haechan's feet is like a hard stone. Haechan screams in pain when wendy pinch and turn haechan's ears. "ya ya! it hurts! " he yelped. This is what you get when you played with something that is not funny," she said while pulling him to the side of the couch. Yeri immediately snatches her bra back and shoot out a thumbs up to him. 

The rest of the evening was filled with laughter and joy. Yeri talked about how her studying is killing her at the moment and Haechan says he'll be busy with the upcoming basketball competition. Wendy listen attentively to what both of her siblings are saying and it leaves a smile on her face cause she's been to what they have been.

Wendy made her way to her bedroom after finish washing the dishes. Her siblings are back in their room. She reached out for her phone to check if there's any call from Taeyong. Nope. Not a single call or text. 'He must have been sleeping from that long journey back to his hometown' she tries to think positively. 

She send a text saying ' Text me when you awake, i missed you already ', and hit send.

5 minutes pass..

10 minutes..

15 minutes..

20 minutes..

Wendy's eyes becoming heavy every time a minute pass 

'I hope Taeyong okay' she whispered. She fell asleep while waiting for taeyong to respond. 

And then it happens. 

She is once again meeting the stranger.

but it wasn't the stranger that he met last time.

He was familiar in Wendy's eyes.

Someone, she's so longing to see

Someone whom she wants to forget

but failed.

"Jaehyun?"