FOURTEEN

"Wendy you should go out, you've been staying in your room for like forever," Seulgi groan over the phone.

"Seulgi's right, you've been in your room since 3 days ago you broke up with Jaehyun," Irene trying to reason with wendy.

"Correction, it's one week now," corrected Joy.

"Lordy, it's been ONE WEEK? Wendy, we're coming for you, stay there!"

"I'm fine Irene, really," Wendy said, in her hoarse voice.

___________

One week before the breakup

Wendy was just finished texting Jaehyun about meeting in the park for their date. She arrived first and take her empty seat on a bench and keep a lookout for Jaehyun's present. The weather is not so hot and not so cold. They've been going out in a while now so every now and then Wendy is still nervous and at the same time excited every time she meets him.

She had her brown hair up in a bun, simple makeup, peach off-shoulder blouse and a cute palette peach skirt to match the clothes. Joy insisted Wendy to wear her brown high heels which wendy hesitated to wear it but eventually agree cause she's doing a favor to promote her newest shoe collection.

Her watch almost read 5 pm, but they promise to meet fifteen minutes before that. Wendy trying to keep her positive mind says that maybe he stucks in traffic? Seoul is pretty busy so he just caught on to it.

1 and 45 minutes have past and Wendy tried her best to contact Jaehyun again. It's her fifth time she tried to reach him but still no response. Her stomach began to growl. She had sandwich with Yeri in the afternoon thinking that she'll be having her early dinner with Jaehyun by 6 pm but now her watch already read fifteen minutes to 7 pm.

She wanted to just leave and text him that she wants to cancel the date but hesitated. The growling of her stomach startled everyone that walks around her and she can't help but feel embarrassed by it. She wanted to give him a chance by waiting just a bit more. She dug inside her handbag, hoping she could find a biscuit or sweets or anything that's edible. The handbag just screams a big 'Nope'.

Wendy finds her way to a convenience store that takes 100 meters away from her meeting place with Jaehyun. She bought ramen and go to the DIY serve section and cook it. The smells of the cooked ramen make wendy's cry of joy and she quickly took her seat inside the store with the table attached to the window.

"Ah, hot!" cried Wendy, when she forgot to blow the noodle. Slurp the sound of the ramen when through her mouth. She texted Jaehyun that she's currently in the convenience store buying snacks for them to eat which she will do it later after she finishes eating the ramen.

20 minutes pass and she finishes the ramen, bought the snacks and went back to her meeting place. She quickens her pace not knowing she's wearing high heels and fortunately she didn't fall because of it. Her eyes lit up when she saw a figure is sitting on the bench, he was turning his back against her. Wendy catching her breath, calms down and straighten her clothes.

She walks elegantly towards him and taps his shoulder. Heartbeat beats faster every step

.
"Yes?" he answered. An unfamiliar face turns to face her.

"Oh, I'm sorry i thought you were- omg I'm sorry,"

"It's okay, i get that all the time"
It's not Jaehyun.

"You were expecting someone?" he asked.

"Yes i was"

"So i assume this was your meeting place with him?"

Wendy nodded. He looks to be around Jaehyun's age and pretty skinny but muscular just by seeing him wearing a black sleeveless shirt. His hair was jet black and when he ruffles his hair it moves all around but comes back to its original place. Then came out of nowhere, two boys run towards him.

"Hyung, we're on." one of them said; a Chinese guy with a cute smile wearing a trendy hat calls him.

"I hope we can nail this, Yuta is on his way so we better get going," He said, getting on his knee and excuse himself to Wendy which he didn't need to. By the looks of it, they're going to perform. After 15 minutes the Han river is pack with fans, tourists and students. Wendy was curious about what they're gonna perform so she went to the place where the boys perform.

"Ready! one, two, five!," The guy who she met earlier begin the show. The music was started by the guy name Yuta he mentions earlier which wendy assume he's the one that is running late. He rushes to his position and starts dancing.

'Oh they dance!' thought wendy, finally knowing that they are a dancer. Music blaring loud at the background as they dance to the rhythm. Wendy recognise the music since she's a fan of super junior sorry sorry song. Their setting place is so pretty and cool at the same time, the spotlight changes colors every time the music hits different beats.

Their performance goes for 4 songs continuously and it makes wendy forget that she suppose to wait for Jaehyun. She read her phone's clock and it's 9 pm. Now, she's getting restless and tired for all the waiting and she's getting cold as the night breeze blew through her bare shoulder.

Wendy went back to her meeting place hoping for the last chance that Jaehyun will be there and to her hope, no sign of him. She promised herself that after 10 minutes he didn't show himself out she's going home. Straight home.

She thought to be loyal and on time in a relationship would not be as hard as this since it's her first-time Jaehyun is late for their date and she wanted to experience it once. Waiting was okay for her, but no response in texts or calls from him is making her feel sad and a Lil bit angry.

Wendy checks her phone watch again and she got 3 minutes left to go. She spends her time watching the people pass by her as she keeps hugging her body for heat.

"The 'expected someone' haven't arrived yet?"

She was startled and quickly turn her back and saw the guy from the performance is now behind her.

"Oh, it's you!"

"I thought you already knew my name from the introduction i did earlier"

"oh sorry, i guess i must have leave early,"

"Taeyong" He introduces himself.

"Wendy" She introduces herself back.

"And I'm Johnny," a guy was behind him and he looks pretty tall. Literally.
Taeyong let out his chuckle and trying to nudge him away with his elbow.

They continue to quarrel about taeyong leave him to deal with the fans who kept asking to see his abs, taeyong just laugh away and said sorry.

At this moment she experiences a new form of this so-called "Tingling feelings", her heart seems to fade away slowly.

Why? she felt like she begins to forget a feeling she felt before.

--------------------------------------------------------

"If you love two people at the same time, choose the second. Because if you really loved the first one, you wouldn't have fallen for the second"

-Johnny Depp