FOUR

"Mommy,why do birds fly?," asked the little girl, with curiosity. Her mother let out a giggle. "They have wings darling," she respond. "God created them to have wings as birds is the sign of freedom and a messenger to our ancestor back then," she added.

"Oh," she finished it off.

"Mommy?,"

"Hmm?"

"I saw uncle J sleeping body on our backyard today,"

Her mother stopped her brushing and stun for a while. She shook it off and turn her daughter body so that she was fully facing her.

Her eyes was fixed to small wendy. Wendy pursed her lips as she doesn't know what to say next.

"Uncle J is in his bedroom dear, sleeping" Her mother trying to memorize where Uncle J was seen last time. "Wendy, if this is one of your imagination you're having please stop now." she gave her a smile and her tone are slightly worried with her daughter conditions.

Wendy nodded as she cleary remembers that she once involve in an accident but she manage to escape it completely. She was with her mother, walking passed a mall. Wendy when towards a young lady infront of them and push her away from the street.

A car crash happens in just a glimpse, it was an inch from wendy but she was fine. Her mother was shock and scream as she can't see wendy sight anymore.

"Wendy!," Her mother cried. "I'm here mom," said wendy, tapping her mother's skirt. Her leg was weak as she thought she would'nt see her again.

"What in the world are you thinking?!," Her mother was furious but manage to control it.

"I need to save her mom, she could die." respond wendy.

"You still a child! You need to think about yourself first!," retort her mother.

Wendy wipe away her mother's tears and start to explain all to her mother about how she escape unharm as she tell her that she already seen the vision before it happens.

Her explanation gave her mother a big shock and she told wendy to stop with her stupid imagination. She glad that wendy was fine and that she doesnt have any scars or whatever scratch by the car crash accident.

Wendy's flashback ended as she excuse herself. She walk her way to their backyard and wait for Uncle J.

Surprisingly Uncle J came to the backyard and he was surprise to see small wendy was sitting on the bench. He let out a warm smile as he settle down beside wendy. He put aside his cane aside and turn his full body to wendy.

"How's my favourite Niece are doing?," he smiled. His voice was hoarse as he's been coughing a lot but he still smilling through the pain.

"Great, uncle J,"

"Good good how-"

"Uncle J?" she cuts him off.

"Yes?"

"You're a great uncle,"

She gave him a tight hug and Uncle J return the hug. They broke the hug as a tears came rolling down his Uncle's eyes. He knew that his time was up but he manage to be strong infront of wendy.

"Can you do me a favour?," He sniff. Wendy knew what he was gonna said but she let her uncle finish his sentence.

"Can you get me a glass of water?," he asked, wipping the tears from his eyes.

Wendy's mother came around the door bringing the water and she settle down beside Uncle J. Her mother told wendy to give them a space and Wendy nodded, leaving the scene.

A couple of minutes have pass, a crying sob was heard. Small wendy slowly took a peak behind the wall and she stays silent. Her mother was hugging tightly Uncle's J moveless body as her cry became louder.

Uncle J has been a father figure to Wendy's mom when her real parents was divorce,their whereabout are unknown and it saddens to think that she's gonna lose uncle J like her parents did to her.

Uncle J raised Wendy's mom like a real daughter since he doesn't have any wife or children to bear. He always beside her and helps her any way he can put his helps in it.

~

Grown wendy was in the corner, watching the scene with tears running down her eyes and she wipe it instantly. She didn't have any idea of why her time travel brought her there. Long has she thought that it has over after they have moved to another house.

It has been 14 years since her uncle died and now she's 24. She logically thinks that moving to another house would'nt fix the jinx that she have. Her mother still didn't even believe her that she can time travel.

She was back to her original bedroom, same time, same situation she was before. Her confusion brings so many questions and whys.

Now that she thinks of it, it was kind of strange that the sudden teleportation happens in a particular scene. Why not the happy one? Why does it invovle a sad scene?

What does that means? She wonder.

Wendy slaps herself and shake her head. She got off from her bed and when breakfast with Haechan and yeri downstairs.