NINETEEN

Playlist: Dumb dumb by Red Velvet

"Wendy you should eat, you've been staring at your food for a while now," Taeyong said, feeling concern for Wendy. She shakes off from her thoughts and stare lazily at Taeyong. "What? oh," She lifted her fork and spin the spaghetti noodle that was prepared by Jaehyun. She eats it and then back again to stare on an empty space.

"Is she always like this?" Taeyong asks Jaehyun who sits opposite Wendy. He just smiles and continues eating his spaghetti. Taeyong took a wet tissue from the counter table and wipe the spaghetti sauce from her mouth which earns a groan from Wendy and lead her away from the kitchen table.

Taeyong leads her to his house balcony and close the door behind them. Jaehyun watches as they trail off from him. It was 7 pm in the evening and Taeyong's house lights up like a Christmas light well minus the blinking. Wendy wipes off some sauce that still sticking on her cheek with her palm. "I'm still eating, why are you dragging me here for?" She said, can't help but look at her surroundings and when back at looking at Taeyong. "You've been space off after we got dinner done" Taeyong stated, "Are you okay? if there's anything bothering you, you can always tell me", He added. Wendy took a longer time to respond to him and rubs her fingers whenever she feels nervous. 

Taeyong notices it and he gently slides his finger on top of wendy's hand. "It's gonna be okay," he said. He kisses wendy's hand and Wendy smiled when he did it. "I'm sorry i make you worry, i don't mean it" Her eyes are searching for his and he gave Wendy a peck on the forehead.

He stares at Wendy and sighs. He pulls Wendy to his chest and hugs her. He rested his head on her shoulder and close his eyes. He found it hard for him to accept that Wendy, her beloved girlfriend has a superpower; that it's quite possible to believe at first and at the same time facing the danger that could harm her. Even though it seems cool that she had it but he can't deny the fact that every supernatural gift comes with consequences. He also felt deeply regret not being a good boyfriend for her to listen to if she got something to say but instead being busy with his dance schedule.

Wendy means everything for him and seeing her spacing out put him in a worrying state. Not to mention she is the last time traveler victim that will be facing The Seeker any time soon. He wanted to be the best boyfriend for her and risk his life to protect her the best he could. He knows he couldn't cast any spells like one of the harry potter movies you watch; but damn, if he has one, he would like to protect Wendy from all of the danger she will face.

"Taeyong?" Wendy said, returning the hug.

"Just stay like this for a while longer," he asks. Wendy bury her face on Taeyong chest and they stay like that for a good 15 seconds until Taeyong pushes Wendy lightly; arms not leaving her waist. Taeyong can see Wendy's eyes twinkling under the moonlight. "Have i ever told you i love the way your smile?" he asks Wendy, his other hand running through her cheek. Wendy giggled and she put her hand on top of Taeyong's hand that was rubbing her cheek.

They locked eyes and suddenly Wendy felt her heart was about to burst when Taeyong leans and Wendy's breath shortened. When his lips met her, she was shocked but she returned it passionately. It was her first kiss. His lips brushed her, softly, delicately like a butterfly wing, just long enough that she could inhale his breath, feel the warmth of his skin, and the taste of the spaghetti's sauce lingered far after they stop and got lost in each other eyes.

"I love you" He confessed. "I love you too Taeyong," she said, quickly hiding her face on his chest back hiding her blushed cheeks. Her attitude earns a chuckle from Taeyong and he said Wendy looks cute when she blushed. "Was that your first kiss or what?" he said, brushing Wendy's hair with his hand. She nodded; her head still hurts on Taeyong's chest. "You're so bad on it", He once again chuckles and embrace her one more time. It's the least he could give her to get off from worrying too much. He brushes his hand up and down on Wendy's back and gave her one last kiss on the forehead before heading back to the kitchen and finish off their dinner.

Her heartbeat still beats faster when she remembers the kiss that they had 5 hours ago. She pulled her blanket up; feeling embarrassed by it. She touches her lips where Taeyong lips has been. She was stunned by all of it and it all happens to fast. She memorizes everything about it and couldn't stop smiling until she heard a knock outside the door. It was nearly midnight and it possibly be Taeyong checking on her. She quickly pulls off the blanket and went to the door. She fixes her long wavy brown hair and straightened her pajama; correction Taeyong's pajama which he doesn't use anymore because he outgrew them but it still looks new to her and it's his fav silk black pajama.

Wendy flashes her warm smile knowing it must be Taeyong who's knocking on her doorstep. She opens up the door to find out it wasn't Taeyong but Jaehyun is standing outside her door. Her smile began to fade but she manages to give him a genuine smile to him. "Oh, it's you Jaehyun," she said, tucking her hair behind her ear. "You were expecting Taeyong?" This caught Wendy off guard and she averts from his eyes. "Of course you were expecting him, he's your boyfriend and we're both in his house" he added, sighing. "What do you want Jaehyun?" she asks. "I need to talk to you," he said. "i think we talked a lot today, it's best if you retreat to your bed for the day" "How about i told you this will be my last conversation with you?"

Wendy looks through Jaehyun's eyes and gave up. "Come inside and make it quick". She invited Jaehyun in. He took his seat on that 1 seat couch while Wendy took her seat on the bumped-out window. "How are you?" he asks, "Really Jaehyun? this is the second time you ask me bout it" Wendy said, feeling annoyed. "I was just checking" "Look if you don't have any good business you want to share then i suggest you go back to your room", "Why are you getting work up for?" Jaehyun asks, frowning.

"I'm tired Jaehyun, I've had enough about the shocking truth i know today and also i have to work tomorrow so i better get some sleep. "But you look like you ain't tired", He said. "What do you want from me Jaehyun?", she said "Look i know things are not like we were before, and we can't deny the fact that this happens" he stated. "and i know you're not gonna forgive me for not telling this sooner because of my reason but trust me i did this because i want to protect you" He added. "I don't want to be protected Jaehyun," She looks at Jaehyun. "As much as i appreciate you do your job in providing the info about where my about to the seeker, in the end, i will be found and like you said he can't be stop; to make it easier, i will die in the end too", she explained, while looking at the moon.

"I was doom to have this power since i was a kid; it's been passed from generation to generation, and i was bound to have it any other way. And knowing that i have zero knowledge about this time-traveling just makes it worse. To think that you also have it; my other half is kinda impossible, impossible to believe"

"Impossible to believe that we're once a lover too right?"

Wendy went back from staring to the moon to stare at Jaehyun and smile.

"Yeah" She agreed to it.

"It's been a long time that we both didn't have a quiet moment like this, i missed it so much," He said. Wendy stretch both of her legs and nodded. They both went on talking about their lives and what they have been missed to each other; their feelings were mutuals and as much as it hurts Jaehyun when Wendy was talking about Taeyong he just kept on smiling. He knows that her happiness is more important to him, and seeing her laughing and smiling just enough for him to keep on living.

As she was reaching the doorknob, Jaehyun turned wendy body and pressed his chest against her. It's been a while he didn't feel the sensation of Wendy's warm body hitting him. Even though it was wrong for Jaehyun to do it when Wendy already got someone she already has and loved. Jaehyun's heartbeat beats louder; synching with his breath and Wendy can't help but feel like she needs to say something. "Jaehyun? are you okay?" She brushed her hands up and down his back and Jaehyun slowly parted her from the hug.

His hug was once a sanctuary for Wendy when she was sad, happy and mad. His back seems so sunken like he was carrying some burden. The situation feels like it's just the two of them in a calm quiet place, sharing the same power, same fate and both of them live in different lives but in the end, they will gonna accept the fact that they both will face the same nightmare.

He leans forward to where Wendy's lip is but stop when he realized it was wrong. It was wrong he thought. "Goodnight Wendy", he smiled and open the door behind Wendy's back and when back to his bedroom that was assigned by Taeyong.

Wendy on the other hand still stoned at her place. Was he gonna kiss her?