viii.

I collapsed on the couch as soon as we arrived at the apartment. This day was really tiring.

"I'm going to go and wash up," Jimin said and I simply nodded.

I felt my stomach grumble, indicating that I was hungry.

Shaking off the laziness, I stood up and went to the kitchen, which was just a step away since the apartment wasn't that spacious but enough for two.

What should I cook?

I'm not the best cook, but I'm proud that I can cook without burns.

I rummaged through the shelves and the fridge, only coming to a conclusion that I'll be cooking Bulgogi and japchae.

I'm not the best in my own country's cuisine, and it terrifies me. I'm also cooking this for my roommate, Jimin.

I'm not confident about my cooking skill. Maybe soon I should have a lesson with that Jin guy.

| Dinner |

I prepared the dishes on the table, and by looking at it, I think I did a pretty good job.

Jimin walked out of his room, ruffling his hair with a towel.

His lips formed an O as he looked at the dish. Hey, that's overreacting though.

"Wow, the doctor cooked!" Jimin chuckled.

"I'm a skilled independent woman, you know," I jokingly flipped my hair.

"That's why I like you," he whispered.

"Let's eat?" I muttered as we both sat down on the dining room.

I waited for him to try the food. I barely cooked food because like I said, I'm a lazy person. I can't believe I coped well in a foreign country for 10 years.

He gave me a big smile and thumbs up, which made me feel a sense of relief.

"Masiseo," he held up a piece of meat infront of my mouth, "try it."

[ masiseo ; delicious ]

I opened my mouth and let him feed me. This is.. nothing, right?

Just.. friendly.

"It tastes better than I expected," I laughed at myself.

"Hey, don't doubt yourself," Jimin looked at me.

"Can't avoid it sometimes," I shook my head and he nodded in agreement.

"How about we have some fun tonight?" He asked.

"I'm tired, but fine, anything for my roommate," I teasingly smiled.

"You can go to sleep if you're tired," He assured with a worried smile.

"I'm fine, really. I slept a few times awhile ago inside the bus."

"Speaking of that, where did you go?" He asked.

"Daegu." Before he could ask why, I beat him to it, "I just wanted to spend a little time in my province, I missed it a lot."

"Oh, you seemed to enjoy. Anyways, let's play some board games, are you in?"

I nodded before he stood up and took out a board game from his bedroom.

| Skip |

After a long hour of playing, I decided to get some fresh air out on the balcony. It's my first time to be out here since Jimin only told me now.

I didn't know this thing existed in this apartment. But I'm quite thankful there's a place I can look up at the stars in a quiet night.

And now.

Jimin walked and stood next to me. We stayed quiet, looking up at the stars.

Under the dark sky, memories flashed past my eyes.

"Your eyes look like stars."
I heard Taehyung's voice in the back of my mind.

Another memory from the past.

Then again, I remembered what happened at the art gallery.

I was itching to run and hug him, but for ten years. Ten years away from him.

I thought, maybe in those ten years, he found someone else.

Taehyung, you said you'd wait for me, right?

My thoughts were interrupted when I saw Jimin turn to me from the corner of my eye.

I turned back to him and he smiled at me.

"I saw a shooting star and thought of you."

| JIMIN |

I've wasted all my lucky stars just to wish for you to be mine.

But I'd do everything it takes for your happiness. Even if it doesn't include me.

| A/N |

stfvllnv and i are cheatmates at school jk hehe