xvii.

I heard a knock on the door, and Jimin entered without a warning.

I quickly kept the polaroids back inside the box and closed it, keeping it under the bed.

Jimin was running his fingers through his messy hair. He forced a smile.

It was not as genuine like his usual angelic smile.

A hint of pain was visible.

"Good morning, I made breakfast~"

I smiled back and nodded.
"I'll be out in a minute."

He nodded and then left.

I stood up and looked at myself in the mirror.

I saw a hopeless person resembling me.

I had to change that.

Like what they say, if you love a person, fight for that person.

I fixed my hair and made my way out. Jimin was already sitting down with multiple dishes on the table.

"Pancakes, yay!" I admired the pancakes on one of the plates.

"Sweet menu today, huh?"

"Because I'm eating with a sweetie," He winked and I chuckled.

"It's too early for a joke, Jimin," I shook my head and started to eat.

"It's not a joke, Saerin," He muttered quietly, smiling.

I pretended not to hear since I wasn't even sure if he was telling the truth.

Anyways, the pancake was well-cooked.

But it was missing something.

"Oops, I forgot to add syrup."
I mentally face-palmed myself and grabbed the syrup.

"How are my pancakes? It's actually only my second time to cook those. My mom used to cook these for me," He smiled and took a piece for himself.

"It tastes — hmm, amazing," I said as I took another bite, now with more syrup.

"Do you want to go to the park today?" Jimin asked.

"Hmm, why?"

"To get some fresh air, I figured you needed this," He smiled.

Actually , I did.

"Yeah, I think I do need some fresh air.."

My mind needs to breathe because I feel like it's suffocating from millions of deep thoughts.

| Park |

The sun was up and shining as you walked around the nearby park.

It was mid-morning when, we were walking side to side.

The park was surrounded by stalls that sold cotton candy, ice cream, and a vending machine with tons of instant ramen.

"Sit here and wait, I'll get us something to eat," Jimin smiled and left me to sit on the wooden bench.

I layed my back as the wind blew my hair. I heard small footsteps walking towards me.

The next thing I knew, there was a young boy who looked like he was five or six.

He looked lost just by those innocent, confused eyes.

"Hey there, are you lost?" I asked him what with the softest voice I have.

He nodded and I pulled him close, letting him sit down next to me.

"What's your name?" I patted his head.

"Jihoon imnida," He cutely smiled.

"Where are your parents?" I asked and he looked up to me, slightly confused for a moment until he answered shly.

"I.. came here with.. uncle.." His words weren't really straight.

"Oh.. I see, what's does he look like?" I looked around trying to find a middle-aged guy.

"He's tall.. his hair is black.. He- smells like mint!" He excitedly said while chuckling.

I was eager to know who his uncle who smells like mint was. I didn't know why I suddenly smiled at the mint word.

I remembered someone but I couldn't point a finger on who it was.

Jimin came back with two sticks of blue cotton candy. He noticed the kid and gave him a smile before giving me a look.

"He's lost," I answered as I glanced at the child.

He gave me a stick of cotton candy and looked at Jihoon.

"Here, have this," He handed him a stick of cotton candy, making a
wide grin appear on his face.

I smiled at the sight and gave Jimin a pat on the back.

Soon after trying to keep the child occupied, Jimin offered to buy water.

Now I was left with Jihoon.

"Noona, I forgot to ask, what's your name?" He asked, playing with my fingers.

"My name is Saerin.. Hmm, how old are you?" I asked back.

"I just turned six!," He held up six fingers.

"Wow, you're pretty tall for a six-year-old!" I pretended to measure him with my hand.

"Mhm, dad said it's in our blood.."

"Jihoon-ah!"
A deep-voiced guy stopped infront of us, panting. It seems that he had been running.