lxviii.

Fairy lights hung along the trees, but what outshined all else were the stars.

Saerin was fascinated, the whole scene itself was wonderful.

Jimin stared at her, admiring the girl he loved he most. Any moment by now, he was going to lose her.

His mind had always been ready - but his heart wasn't.

Saerin stepped once more, only to see an unexpected person.

Taehyung and Mira. Although something was different. The distance between them surely wouldn't make you think that they were in a relationship.

Maybe because they really weren't.

With her heart tearing slightly at the thought of Taehyung proposing to Mira, Saerin forced a smile at them.

It was stuck on her mind. She knew Taehyung was about to propose to Mira.

Taehyung walked over to Saerin, an unreadable expression painted on his face.

Saerin did not know of what would come next, neither did she know about the love - and of course, the pain.

"Uh.. Mira is over there," She glanced at Mira, doubt audible in his voice.

"I know." He smiled.

Taehyung held her hand, all of the love pouring out in just one skinship.

She had waited so long for this. Longer than a decade, but she knew their hearts were connected.

And when she thought hope was lost, it began with love and affection.

"Saerin.." He began, intertwining their hands as hers anxiously trembled.

She was scared — scared of the pain it might bring. Although it was revealing little by little that this wasn't a negative moment, she was still unsure.

But never did she question her feelings. Her feelings for him.

Saerin parted his lips, attempting to speak a word.

"Taehyung..."

Watching the painful scene unfold, Jimin silently walked over to Mira.

"From the moment I saw you at the museum..." Taehyung began.

"I knew there was something about you that made me so curious."

"You were a stranger to my eyes, but never a stranger to my heart."

"Whenever I'm with you, I never want to leave and you make me curious about my past."

"Until I knew you really were from my past..."

"Since then, I could barely go on a day without talking to you, yet I held myself back. I knew it was wrong."

"I thought that maybe those feeling were only because you were someone special from my past."

"It never faded, and that's when I knew I had to stop. It's confusing in my part, because I love someone who I shouldn't be in love with."

"But I guess, in love, nothing and nobody could ever dictate your heart. Not even you yourself."

"But now, I'm wholeheartedly sure why it always feels so right whenever we're together."

"I love you for who you are right now, not for who you were in the past."

Saerin was slowly registering every word that came out of his lips. She was in daze, as tears started to form on the brim of her eyes.

"I never expected this..." She muttered, her voice barely audible.

She swallowed a lump in her throat, hands getting cold as her emotions poured out into tears that began to fall.

"I love you." Taehyung spoke the truth.

"I know you love me. Do you?" He raised an eyebrow, an expectant smile on his lips.

"Do I?"

Taehyung chuckled, leaning in to give her a quick peck.

"So... do you?—"

Saerin didn't let him finish, pecking his plump lips for a second, love clouding in their eyes.

They stared at each other with a soft but genuine smile.

Finally, the curse was over. They never had to let go of each other ever again.

He snaked his arms around her waist, pulling her into a hug that showed how much they missed each other. After all, both of their hearts had waited too long.

As for the unfortunate lovers, their tears were ready to pour. It was even more painful than they thoughts.

Mira was the first to break. She consciously covered her mouth, trying to prevent herself from sobbing. Of course, Jimin noticed.

Their pain was mutual. Jimin gently turned her around, engulfing her into a hug.

"You don't have to look."

Mira was now unable to see Taehyung and Saerin, but for Jimin, the throbbing scene stayed in his sight.

He was selfless, even for the last time. A bitter smile formed on his lips, as she stared at Saerin, facing his way as she hugged Taehyung.