L.

"Are you alright? We're almost there," I muttered to Taehyung as we entered the elevator.

It stopped on several floors, filling up the thing with so many people.

Taehyung and I were squeezed into the corner, feeling each other's breaths due to the close contact.

I felt Taehyung's hand on my waist, as he rested his chin on my shoulder.

"It hurts," He blabbered.

I'm so sorry you had to go through this. This is probably the result of my selfishness.

I held Taehyung's hand as we squeezed out of the elevator. I led him to his condo unit, passing through the dim hallway.

I knocked on the door and Taehyung's mother opened it - a very worried expression written on her face.

"Are you two okay? What happened?" She stepped aside, letting us get in.

Taehyung collapsed on the sofa and I sat next to him, checking his bruises.

Mrs. Kim rushed in and handed me a first aid kit.

I thanked her and did what I had to do. It's the first time my medical skills are tested eversince I had my license.

Mrs. Kim's phone rang and she excused herself and went out to the balcony.

I got some ice and threw it in the ice pack, pressing it against Taehyung's bruises.

I ran my finger gently on the corner of his lips, blood staining it.

His gaze turned dark as his eyes travelled to my lips and then to my eyes.

He stared back at my lips, leaning closer with lust in his eyes.

Sometimes, I want to imagine that it wasn't just lust that made him that way. I wished it would've been love.

Our lips touched delicately, his hands slowly snaking around my torso.

His other hand travelled to the back of my neck, pulling me closer into the kiss.

I felt myself drop the ice pack and my cheeks heated up along with the kiss.

I was the first to pull away, catching my breath. He wiped the tear that had fallen unnoticed on my cheek.

"I think I l—"

The balcony door opened, revealing Mrs. Kim, still wearing the same anxious face.

My hands trembled as I picked up the ice pack that had drenched the sofa.

I handed the ice pack to Taehyung and was about to stand up when he held my wrist.

"Can we talk?" Taehyung muttered silently.

I pursed my lips and nodded. Taehyung led me to his bedroom as we both sat down on the bed.

"Is it true?" He started and I felt my heart beat abruptly.

"W-what is?" I gulped.

"What Jimin said." His voice was deep, making me even more nervous.

What did he tell him?

He held my cold and shaking hands, staring deeper into my eyes. "Tell me."

I couldn't even look at him straight.

I took a deep breath, deciding to tell him. It's now or never, right?

Besides, I can just pretend I have amnesia after this and never talk to him again.

I just want to disappear right now.

"I love—"

The door opened as Mrs. Kim carried a bowl of noodles. She smiled at me and I stood up.

"It's getting late, you should go home." She patted my shoulder and I nodded.

She placed the bowl on the nighstand as we both exited the room.

I didn't even bother saying goodbye to Taehyung. It'd be awkward, right?

"Thanks for taking care of my Taehyung. You should go and rest now too. Good night, Saerin-ah," She hugged me.

"Good night, eommonim."