xlviii.

Saerin's POV

The morning atmosphere was quiet but not calm. Tension was invading the air and I couldn't feel less heavy-hearted.

I'm not used to this. I know I always wake up with a sweet good morning and a smile from Jimin, but he couldn't even seem to look at me.

I was out of my mind, staring into nothing in particular as I took a glass of water.

My hands trembled and the next thing I heard was shattered glass and spilled water.

I took the pieces of the glass, only to see my finger bleed. I felt the pain sting me, as my heart beated faster because of a reason I didn't know.

Jimin crouched down next to me and held my hand, taking a glance at my index finger where blood was slowly oozing out.

He held me up and washed my hand with the running water from the sink.

"Saerin—"

"I can manage," I muttered coldly as I gently took my shaking hand away.

I heard Jimin sigh as I turned around, making my way to my room.

I felt emotionless, and numb except for the pain that stung my finger.

This is a mess. I'm a mess.

As I was motionlessly lying on my bed, my phone rang.

My heart started beating rapidly once again. I just don't know why I'm being this way.

I wish I could control what my body does, and most of all, I wish I could control my unrequited feelings.

I answered the phone without checking who the caller was.

"S-Saerin.." It was a familiar deep voice.

"H-hey.." I mumbled with all my strength.

"Can we.. talk?" He said in a sighing tone.

It was a short conversation, and I could sense the awkwardness in him - actually, in both of us.

He offered to pick me up outside the apartment.

Today, my mind was really not working well. I wore casual clothes and threw on a thick padded jacket.

I exited my bedroom, seeing Jimin stare at me in the corner of my eye.

I was suprised since he didn't even ask where I was going to. He looked different today and his eyes looked worn out.

I silently closed the door behind me, exiting our apartment.

I assumed Taehyung was the guy wearing a brown coat and a beret.

He looked around until his eyes caught me. He pursed his lips as he walked towards me with a sheepish smile.

"U-uh.. about last night.." He started, now unable to look at me.

"Don't worry, nothing happened." I muttered coldly.

He swept away the collar of my coat, only to see the hickey that he had made.

"What happened to that?" He asked.

How ironic.

"Uh.. I was bitten by a bee," I muttered nervously, trying to hide the hickey.

Taehyung pursed his lips, unconvinced.

"Okay, if you say so. Let's go?"

We entered his car, and as I expected, the ride was completely quiet.

I don't know if it was because we didn't have a topic - or because we were just... awkward.

The road we took was getting unfamiliar. The next thing I knew, we were in a place where nothing but the road was seen.

Taehyung got off the car and I followed after him.

He opened his mouth to say something but he was interrupted —

"Yah!"

I was taken aback when suddenly Jimin came out of nowhere, his voice drowning in anger.

"Get in the car, Saerin. I just want to talk to Taehyung, alone." Jimin faked a smile.

"W-What are you doing here—"

"Just. Go." Jimin's voice raised, "Please."

I flinched and nervously walked away - but not too far away.

I hid behind the car, eavesdropping.

I wouldn't let him hurt Taehyung.