xxxii.

I wrapped my arms around myself, caressing my arm trying to warm myself.

Right now, we were taking a walk on the beach while waiting for the sunset.

Moments with you make me want to stop time.

I felt something heavy on my shoulders. Apparently, Taehyung had silently placed his coat over my shoulders.

I looked at him and he was currently emotionless, staring into the distance.

I looked away and continued to walk side to side with him.

I felt him grab my hand as he suddenly sat down on the sand. I sat next to him and looked infront of us.

The sun was reflected perfectly on the sea, giving it a yellowish-orange shade.

He was still holding my hand, but he looked down on it and let go.

I felt my chest break a little. He's being cautious.

I turned my attention to the breathtaking view of the sun setting before our eyes.

It was a perfect scenery, for me.

I don't know about him. He probably imagined Mira beside him instead of me.

Soon, after a quiet moment watching the sunset, the moon had replaced the sun.

"Let's play!" Taehyung stood up and made a mountain of sand and placed a stick on top.

"Sure," I stood up and crouched down across him, with the sand mountain in between.

This is how it works; two of us need to take amounts of sand from the little sand mountain until the stick falls off.

Whoever makes the stick fall off has to take a dip in the sea.

"I'll go first."
He took an amount of sand away with his hands, but the stick stayed in place.

I did the same, but I took less than what he took.

"Ah, you need to take more than that," he whimed.

"Eh, it's just because you took a lot," I said and then he took a handful of sand away from the sand mountain.

It was my turn, so I took some of the sand carefully but unluckily, the stick fell off.

"Aaaaah!" I whined, "one more round, please?"

"No~ You have to take a dip!" He pulled me up to stand up.

I tried to get away from his grip but he kept pulling me towards the shore.

"Nooo, one more round!"

"Nope, now go and enjoy the cold water," He tried to drag me again.

"Aish, okay okay," I told him to let go of me as I made my way to the shore.

I took off my shoes and placed them on the sand where the water couldn't reach it.

I dipped my feet and squealed at how cold it was. Taehyung laughed cruelly at me.

I ran away from the water, sand now sticking to my wet feet.

"Hey, you're cheating! Just feet?" He whined for the nth time, complaining as he pouted his lips.

How old is he even? I internally sighed.

"Nope, I dipped my feet in and that's enough," I said as I was about to wear my shoes.

"Yah," He took off his shoes and walked towards me with suspicion in his eyes.

I backed away but he grabbed me and carried me as if I was as heavy as a kilo of rice.

"Yah! No— stop! You're cheating—"
I swung my legs, trying to get off but he quickly made his way to the sea.

He dropped me off on the shallow part, but it was enough to make half of my body soaked in saltwater.

He chuckled at me, an evil grin plastered on his face.

I grabbed his arm and pulled him down, making him sit as his pants got wet.

We looked at each other and exchanged glares. In the end, we couldn't hold back our laughter.

Instead, we just enjoyed the moment.

The waves silently crashed, and it was the only sound heard in the quiet night.

He turned to me and stared into my eyes. I stared back, getting lost in his eyes.

He tucked in a strand of hair behind my ear and smiled, gaze intensifying.

What is he even doing?
My heart is beating too fast and my hands were shaking.

"What about some ramyeon?"

I felt my expression fade. Wow.
The sweet gesture was a little too unnecessary, right? I feel like a fool.

I forced a smile, "s-sure!"