xv.

I knocked on the front door of our apartment impatiently. I just wanted to lock myself inside my room.

I heard quick footsteps and the door opened revealing Jimin.

He smiled at me and I forced a smile before passing by him. I don't even know if that was a smile.

"Hey, where have you been?" Jimin asked and I pretended not to hear.

I did not have the mood to talk to anyone right now or else my words would just be plain rude.

It's better to stay quiet.

"You never told me you were going out, where were you?"

I groaned quietly and answered, "you don't have to know."

I felt my chest get heavier by every breath I took — when will I get a break?

I feel like I regret getting myself some answers to my countless questions.

It just gave me a heartache.

I placed the black box on top of the kitchen counter as I rested my hands on the side.

My breaths were getting heavier by every second. I felt like crying.

"Are you okay?" I heard Jimin's footsteps near me.

That's when I couldn't hold my tears inside. I let my emotions explode uncomtrollably. It was mixed with hopelessness and fear.

Everything seemed hopeless.
And I fear that he will never be mine.

I wanted to fight for something I love. More like someone.

All my life I got everything I wanted with my hardwork - even just this 10-year medical course.

Jimin held my shoulders and turned me around, pulling me into a warm hug.

I drowned myself in his embrace, smelling the faint scent of his perfume.

Tears continued to fall and every drop honestly made me feel better.

But what really made me feel better was having someone to cry with.

Jimin. I'm grateful for Jimin.

"You made me worry for coming home late, now you're crying. What really happened?" He asked and worry was painted all over his face.

I didn't want to speak yet, and my sobs were taking over me.

"Who did this to you?..." His voice softened as he caressed my hair.

| A/N |

we had to change the title bc we thought it was not really attractive to readers - but don't worry, the story stays the same. sorry for the inconvenience :>

stfvllnv : taehyungxii