xvi.

| Jimin's POV |

After an hour of trying to calm her down, she's finally laying asleep on the couch.

I grabbed a blanket from her bedroom and draped it over her small body.

I crouched down and took a close look at her face. She was breathing calmly, not like how she struggled just a few minutes ago.

I'm in love with this angelic face.

I kissed her forehead before standing up. The black box on the kitchen counter caught my attention.

Out of curiosity, I opened it and saw a bunch of polaroids.

I picked one up and it was a picture of two intertwined hands.

I saw the other picture - which was Saerin, and Taehyung.

A droplet of tear appeared on the polaroid, and I did not notice that it came from my eyes.

I placed it back neatly inside as I closed the box.

Is he the reason why my Saerin cried?

| Saerin's POV |

I woke up in a comfortable position. The thick soft blanket was wrapped around me, and I suddenly remember last night.

It was soothing.

How Jimin sang me to sleep — but I'm in guilt because I remembered someone else's voice.

I know their voices were far different from each other — but the only one who manages to sing me to sleep was Taehyung.

I never sleep because of someone's singing voice, not even my mother's.

After all, Taehyung and Jimin's voice are equally beautiful.

It's just - I only fell in love with one.

I stood up and brought the blanket with me back inside my bedroom.

I feel a little better — but of course, I didn't forget about how reality hit me like a truck last night.

I just wish that I could wake up with amnesia. And forget about everything.

I saw the black box on my nightstand table. Maybe it was time to open it.

I nervously opened it and the first thing I saw were polaroids.

I picked up every single one, and each one gave me a nostalgic feeling about our past memories.

Sad to say, the other person on these pictures doesn't remember. Hmm.

I felt my heart beat louder as I saw how we used to be. These pictures just make me even more hopeless.

One polaroid was a picture of just me, unlike the others.

It was a candid shot of me – staring into the sea of Daegu.

I think I remember when this was. It was when mom and dad had a fight and I ran away from home, first thing to run to was him.

He was my home in times of trouble.

It was almost midnight but he still woke up for me. He even took me out to the sea of Daegu, knowing the sound of waves calmed me down.

I remember how I barely stopped crying until we arrived there.

This one was meaningful.

I was not aware that he took this.

It had some small words written, almost impossible to be read.

you look prettiest when you're not looking. 12/16/05

A faint smile crept up on my lips but a tear dropped at the same time.

I guess he did love me. I wish I realized earlier. Now I'm the one who's crying.

I wish I could go back in time and tell him I loved him.

In that way, maybe I could change things and fate wouldn't be so wrong.