xxvi.

| Jimin's POV |

And when the lights start flashing
like a photobooth
And the stars exploding,
we'll be fireproof

My Youth, my Y----

The music stopped, and so did my body.

My thoughts slowly unclouded my mind when Hoseok caught me off guard.

"What's up with you?" I didn't notice that Hoseok was already standing next to where the AUX was connected to the speaker.

"Yah, Park Jimin," Hoseok walked towards me.

"Did you know chickens can't walk backwards?"

"H-huh?" I looked up at him.

"I saw your post on instagram.." Hoseok smiled cheekily.

"What's up with you two?" He wriggled his eyebrows.

"Hyung, nothing is up with us," I looked away sternly.

"Then what's up with you?"

I shook my head, beginning to lose it.

I feel like a burden has been planted into my chest just because I failed yesterday.

"I almost said it, hyung.."

"Oh- you what?" He widened his eyes, "you were going to confess?"

"I-- I don't know what was up with me when I thought of telling her, but.. I feel bad for failing," I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration.

"Jimin-ah, it's no doubt that confession makes your heart feel a little lighter. But like everyone, you're probably afraid of rejection, right?"

"I don't know," I shrugged.

"I'm already sure of rejection."

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"The hardest thing to do is to watch the one you love, love someone else."
If my gaze was some kind of laser, there would probably be a hole in the wall now.

I walked towards our apartment, and until now, my mind was occupied.

I opened the door, suprised to see that all the lights were off.

She's not home? I thought. I turned on the lights as I took off my shoes.

I looked around and saw a Nerf Gun on the table, and beside it was a note.

let's play a game. if you find me and shoot me, you win.

but if i shoot you first, you lose. the loser treats the winner to a fancy restaurant!

I smirked, "you wanna play, huh?"

She's probably just craving for fancy food - but okay, I'll play.

I picked up the Nerf gun and started looking around. First thought, of course, her bedroom.

I looked around but she was nowhere, I even checked her closet and under her bed, so I went to her bathroom instead.

"Saerin-ah, where are you~" I sang as I glanced around, once again, she was not there.

This girl is making me anxious with her games.

I went to my bedroom and looked around. I saw her feet sticking out under the bed.

I pretended not to see and muttered loudly, just loud enough for her to hear, "Hmm, where could she be?"

I stopped my pace and quickly pulled her leg out of the bed, "Bang!"

I shot her with the nerf gun, catching her off guard.

She squealed a little and then sighed in frustration. I chuckled at her reaction.

She tried to get up but she bumped her forehead on the wooden bed frame.

"Aigoo, you adorable dumbo," I pulled her close and checked on the part of her head she was holding.

"Who am I? I think I have amnesia," She widened her eyes at me.

We both broke into laughter afterwards.

I softly kissed her pained forehead and smiled, "I won. So, where are we eating?"

She sighed and rolled her eyes, "I really thought it was a sure win for me."

I smiled cheekily and giggled, "loser."