-Twelve-

"Did you really invite him over?" Jungkook says, excitement all in his tone as he fries the rice over the stove.

"I did." You admit, shyly. "It was an impulse move."

"Well, I'm glad you did! I've never gotten to meet any of your boyfriends before-"

"He's not my boyfriend." You say, seasoning the chicken.

"Yet." He grins

You can't shy away from the blush creeping onto your face. You can't deny that a relationship with Taehyung has crossed your mind. Is it early? Yeah, it is. But the connection you 2 have is undeniable and the chemistry is insane. So calling Taehyung your boyfriend? Definitely a must going forward.

45 minutes later, Jungkook is setting plates and silverware down at your dinette table and you bring the food over and sit it in the middle of the table. Everything smells good and the food is still steaming hot.

Your brother grabs his chopsticks and tries to grab at the chicken but you smack his hand and he hisses. "Stop. Wait for Tae."

"But I'm hungry." He whines. "Just a piece."

"No, Jungkook." You say as sternly as a big sister can.

He huffs, easily giving up. "Fine. Tell him to hurry."

You roll your eyes. "He'll be here any minute. Calm ya ass down."

Less than 2 minutes later, there's a buzzing sound coming from a speaker by your door. Jungkook is the first to jump up, running over and buzzing Taehyung in.

"Finally." He breathes out with a smile.

You want to laugh at your brother, but you're nervous. Although past boyfriends have never met Jungkook, they knew about him. 3 of them actually wanted to stay with you because of that fact alone. You don't want that to be the case with Taehyung.

Jungkook sees how your demeaner has changed and he comes over to you. "Do you want me to step inside your room? I mean, I can tell you're nervous. I'll go in and you can call me out."

You nod, swallowing hard. "Please. I'm sorry. I just don't want him to, like, only wanna stay because of you."

"It's okay, noona. That's my fear, too. But I see the way you smile when you text him, or when I even say V." You can't help but smile. It's like a natural instinct. Jungkook smiles as well. "See? Like that. He's different for you, I can tell."

There's steady knocking at your door and both your eyes shoot to that direction. You take a deep breath, and Jungkook squeezes your shoulder before making his way to your room. You release your breath when you hear your bedroom door shut. You walk over to your door and look through the peep hole. Taehyung is standing with his hands in his pockets, eyes scanning the hall innocently. With a shaky hand, you unlock the door, and open it.

All your jitters and nervousness goes away when you get a full view of him. His boxy smile takes your breath away and the first thing you do is run into his arms, hugging him tightly.

He chuckles, holding you tight. "Hi to you, too."

You giggle, not wanting to let him go. "Hi. Thank you again for the flowers. I love them."

"You're welcome." Finally letting go, you guide him inside and close the door behind you both. He sniffs the air, rubbing his stomach. "It smells amazing in here, Y/n."

"Thank you." You smile, still standing in your living room.

You both look at each other, eyes never leaving the others. You could get lost in his eyes all night if he would let you.