Weird Feelings

Sorry this one is bad haha... lucastown enjoy!...btw if anyone has any requests feel free to let me know!!

El had been nervous ever since the night of the Snowball where Mike had kissed her. Every single time she thought about Mike, a weird feeling erupted in her stomach. It made her feel queasy and her heart started beating really really fast. That would make her panic even more, thinking that something was wrong and then she would freak out even more.

It was as if something had changed between her and Mike and she didn't understand it. She used to feel so safe and at ease with Mike even before knowing anything about him. He was so kind and made her feel like she was protected, like she had nothing to worry about. But ever since that night, she had felt weird and dreaded seeing Mike, thinking that something was wrong with her, really wrong.

Mike had begun to feel the same but it was something that he naturally seemed to understand and deal with. It made him crave her presence more and look forward to seeing her, knowing that his feelings were getting stronger. He figured that El felt the same, at least he hoped that she did. But then he started to worry.

One day the party had gone to visit El, Mike was almost skipping along with them, so nervous yet excited to see El again. He had not seen her since the Snowball alone and part of him was confused, thinking that El would have asked to see him.

"Hey El!" they all exclaimed, Max giving her a hug before ruffling her curls. The pair had grown close after El realized that the red head was more attached to Lucas. It reminded her of what she used to have with Mike. What she was worried that she was losing.

"Hi" she smiled at them but as soon as her gaze landed on Mike who grinned with rosy cheeks, her face began to change. The feeling had crept back into her body and she froze, stumbling over her words. "C-Come on i-in..."

Mike hung back slightly making El's hands shake, scared of what would happen. "El...I missed you."

"U-Uh...cool. Cool. Come in.." she stuttered helplessly, all but slamming the door behind him and running off to the others.

Mike stood there frowning slightly, wondering if he had done something wrong. Eventually he joined the others, moving to sit next to El but sighing when she immediately shot up from beside him on the couch and went to get some water. He was so confused after everything had been going so great.

Fear crept into his body. What if she didn't like him anymore? What if she hated kissing him? What if she liked someone else? Mike started to feel sick and desperate, knowing that he had to talk to her.

"El!" he followed her into the kitchen where Hopper sat and read a newspaper, pretending not to listen. "El, wait a second.."

"What?" her voice was muffled and flat as she poured a cup of water.

"Is everything okay? You're acting weird.." Mike searched her eyes desperately but she kept her gaze on her water, gulping quietly.

"F-Fine."

She went to rush past him but Mike grabbed her hand to stop her. Rubbing small circles on her palm, he tried not to notice how she seemed to go still.

"El...talk to me. You're..."

El's eyes widened as Mike grabbed her hand and the feeling in her stomach intensified making her drop the cup of water on the floor suddenly. The pair jumped and she snatched her hand away making Mike feel worse.

"Kid, you alright?" Hopper asked, watching carefully. She nodded and picked up the cup. "Okay...just leave it, I'll clean it up."

She nodded and glanced at Mike before running back to the couch, making sure to sit beside Max and Will so that Mike had to sit on his own. She felt awful and wrong for ignoring him but she felt so weird around him and was worried that she would get worse with every moment she spent with him. It wasn't possible that she was allergic to Mike was it?