Wisdom Teeth

I'm sorry but I just had to! These one shots are my fave and I hope I can make it realistic yet adorable! Hope you all enjoy, please leave your opinion your comments always make me smile! :) 

Mike had been laying down on his bed, studying for the pop quiz that was coming up in biology. He groaned in frustration, not understanding the topic and finding it difficult to concentrate. He would much rather be hanging out with his friends or El rather than studying for some pointless quiz that he would only end up failing anyway. 

As if the universe was answering his wishes, he heard his mom call his name from the kitchen. Stretching with a groan, he sighed and stomped down the stairs, expecting her to be moaning about something he had done as per usual. 

"Mike, get over here. The chief is on the phone for you!" his mom informed him, holding out the phone with a frown. 

Mike's eyes grew wide with fear and he slowly backed away from the phone. "No way! I haven't done anything wrong! Why does he want to talk to me?" 

Mike and Hopper had never got along well, always coming together because of El when she would make Hopper bring Mike round. Hopper usually sent the boy cold stares to remind him that he would be watching his every move, or he moaned at him for being too close to El on the sofa. Little did he know that as soon as he left to go to work, they would be in each other's arms. 

"Mike, he says it is urgent. Stop being rude, just take the phone!" his mom hissed and he grabbed it with a groan, running a hand through his hair nervously. 

"Uh-hi, Hop-Sir! What's up?"

"Listen Wheeler, I need you to be ready, I'm coming to pick you up in ten minutes. Understood?" Hopper's gruff voice came from the other side of the line. 

"I haven't done anything wrong!" Mike squeaked, "I brought El home before her curfew last weekend and nobody saw us! I haven't broken any of your stupid rules-"

"Jesus, Wheeler, just shut up. It's about El. I'll be right there" Hopper groaned. 

Mike froze slightly, feeling his breath begin to quicken. "Is everything okay? Is she alright?"

"I said I'll be right there" Hopper repeated before hanging up, leaving Mike restless as he paced the floor. 

After several minutes of pacing and glancing worriedly at the clock, Mike heard a car engine, looking out the window to see the chief's car. Grabbing a jacket, he ignored his mom's calls and ran out to where Hopper was waiting in his car. 

After a brief explanation of what was going on with his girlfriend, Mike finally understood and played with his fingers nervously wanting time to hurry up. He knew that El would not be reacting well to the idea of going to a dentist, especially when it would involve needles and remind her so much of the lab where she grew up. 

Hopper reluctantly let Mike in the cabin after saying how El had been whining for him, and he rushed into her bedroom leaving the chief in the kitchen. He found El covered in blankets on her bed, sniffling slightly with red cheeks from crying so much. 

"M-Mike?" she stuttered helplessly, holding out her hands for him to come closer. 

Mike shuffled closer and sat down beside her, pulling her shaking body into his arms. "Hey, shhh...you're okay, El. I'm right here."

He stroked her tangled hair softly as she sniffled into his sweatshirt, starting to stumble out her words nervously. 

"Dad said I need to get my..my wished...wisdom teeth out?" 

"Yeah, I know" Mike sighed, squeezing her lightly, "He told me all about it."

"He said I have to h-have a pro-pro-" she tried but ended up crying.