Our Little Miracle

(Please spam with comments, I had a real bad day :( enjoy a lovely future mileven one shot, it will be real sweet<3)

At twenty four years of age, El Hopper thought that she would have everything planned out for herself and her family. She wanted a big family, something which she had never experienced in her own childhood, people to treasure forever. She already had Hopper, someone who never failed to convince her that although they weren't related by blood, some things were more important than biology. As she rolled over in bed, a strong arm pulling her closer by the waist, she smiled at the other person in her small little unconventional family. 

The years had been kind to Mike, each summer gifting him with more freckles and more prominent crinkles by his eyes when he smiled. His dark hair was still messy after El had run her fingers through it, and his dark eyes still looked at her with the same amount of love and adoration. She pecked her boyfriend on the cheek, smiling softly as he mumbled incoherently under his breath and pulled her closer, his fingers stroking the piece of skin that exposed when her shirt rose up. 

El finally got out of his embrace, her feet padding on the kitchen floor quietly in their small apartment. She leaned down and stroked Mel's tail, the sweet cat rubbing against her legs affectionately, as if begging for attention. After making herself some eggos and coffee, she turned away to put away her washing up when two arms wrapped around her waist playfully, her husband's face burying in her warm neck. 

"Morning, beautiful" Mike mumbled into her skin, leaving a soft kiss there. 

She smiled softly, turning around so that she could peck his lips. After pulling away, she went to go and fill up her coffee when Mike's hands curled around the back of her thighs. He grinned at her breath hitching, lifting her up onto their kitchen counter and leaning in teasingly, brushing his lips against hers. 

"That is not a good morning kiss" he pointed out cheekily. 

El laughed softly, letting him pull her into his charming trance, pressing her lips against his firmly. Moaning quietly when he ran his tongue against her lips, entwining their lips which such a passion that it was almost as if the kitchen could have caught on fire from their love burning so brightly. Mike ran his fingers along her thighs under the large shirt on her, sighing softly as he moved down to leave gentle kisses against her neck. El pulled him closer with a quiet gasp but her brain froze, a sudden panic settling in when his fingers started undoing the small buttons on her shirt that held it together. 

She practically hopped off the counter, trying to think of a valid excuse to push him away. Mike frowned at her, catching her by her hands as she tried to escape back to their room. "Hey, hey..." he soothed, "is everything okay? Did I hurt you? I-"

"No!" her eyes widened, "of course not...I just have a lot to do."

It was the same excuse that she had fed him for the past week, practically running away any time he tried to touch her. Mike frowned in concern as she waked off, thinking the worst, that perhaps she didn't love him anymore or that he had hurt her without knowing it. He wanted to ask someone for help but knew that speaking to her father would be mortifying, something which he knew he would never live down. He knew that Joyce was out of town for a new job opportunity, leaving him with nobody else to talk to. 

Hopper greeted Mike with an affectionate pat on the back, raising his eyebrows when he didn't see El follow behind him. He watched the boy-young man-carefully as he fixed them coffee, watching his furrowed eyebrows and concerned expression. 

"Okay, spill it" Hopper sighed. "You don't usually come to me for a chat."

Mike chuckled awkwardly and looked down at his drink, trying to work out the best way around it, "Uh...this is a little weird but...has El seemed different to you? Have you noticed anything different about her lately?"