You Have My Heart

strangest_mel11 get ready to cry...

One year ago today, on the 25th November 2018, I received a comment on my first ever mileven AU "You're my Hope". It made me smile and feel more confident about my writing, especially as they had written a detailed comment about how much they had enjoyed the first two chapters. It was merely a comment, a few sentences thrown out into the expanse of the universe, but little did I know how it would brighten up my world. 

I thanked her for the sweet comment and we ended up messaging each other shortly afterwards, discussing my book and our mutual love for mileven. Before I knew it, she was leaving LONG comments on every chapter that I uploaded, going through every little detail that she had noticed and how much she admired my writing. I started getting more inspiration to keep writing because of her kind words, looking forward to writing new chapters so that she could read them and let me know what she thought. Soon we were messaging regularly, talking about our lives and interests and we basically had EVERYTHING in common. She was one of the most genuine people that almost treated me like a celebrity, always giving me compliments and brightening up my day with a message. A few weeks after this, I left some requests on my other account (not related to any fandom) on her mileven one shot book - which was one of my favorites when it came to future mileven and great detail. It is so difficult to find a good book that has a realistic feeling and also makes me feel so connected to the characters, with each one shot like a movie - but that is what her writing was like. It was only after double checking her username that I realized...that my new friend was my favorite writer on here and the person that I had left requests for on another account. I messaged her after realizing and she was so happy and honored that I adored her writing too, and it only made us stronger as she started to read and leave feedback on my other account books (something that I am not very confident about) and don't share with many people. 

By Christmas, we were sending long messages daily about our lives and the show, sharing ideas for new one shots or books that I was contemplating. She was so supportive, still leaving her comments and gushing over my new chapters while I returned the favor. What always made me frustrated, was that she could never see how completely talented she is - always shutting me down when I told her how incredible and emotional her writing is. Always so humble and thankful for every compliment I gave her, always wanting to make sure that I was okay first, leading to us feeling so naturally comfortable with each other. I felt like I had known her all of my life, sharing secrets that I had not told some of my school friends or family, because somehow I just knew that she would understand - and she always did. 

One year later, look at us now. Everyone who has me on Instagram will know how often I express my love for her or put up pictures of our messages (which I have an album filled on my phone for when I am feeling sad). I'm pretty sure everyone sees her MANY messages on every single update and book, seeing us always send each other love and supporting each other's work. We counted down to season three together, sending code reds with new content and crying over the trailers together, and since May 2019 we have been video chatting when we have the chance. The more I get to know her, the more I love her and realize how amazing she truly is without even knowing it. She freaked out when I named the cat after her in my mileven one shot books, making sure to name a character after me in her own work shortly after. Every idea I have had for a new book, I have run it past my biggest fan first and she is the only person who ever knows any spoilers for my books (as I have no will power and constantly send her sneak peeks and upcoming themes). I wrote her a one shot on here for her birthday back in January, having many dedicated to me in return when I failed my driving test or felt ill just so that I would smile. 

Mel, you're the best friend I could ever ask for. All of my life I have felt the need to impress my friends, frequently pretending to enjoy parties and dressing like them so that I would fit in more and be as popular as my friends were, and although I do have some that I am truly thankful for - I never have to pretend with you. You love every weird quirk I have, letting me gush over other shows and anything that springs to my mind, eager to hear about my life at Acting School and my hopes and dreams. I have never doubted that you love me for exactly who I am, and I cannot tell you how much you have changed me without even realizing. I am happier and often proud of my own writing, I wear all of my bright clothes with pride and try to smile as much as I can, I eat what I want without worry and I know that I can tell you anything. You made me fall in love with writing again, reminding me what a big part of my life it will always be. I hope you know that I accept you with all of my soul, for exactly who you are in return. There is nothing that would make me judge you, nothing that would make me ever stop loving you, and not a day goes by where I don't want to message my best friend. You have been there for me through highs and lows, giving me strength and I can only try my best to do the same in return. 

WE EVEN MADE OUR OWN SHIP NAME #MELODIE

I know how much we despise the Atlantic Ocean for separating us, because we both know we would have movie nights and eat junk food and hug every day if we could, but I KNOW that one day we will meet. One day my dreams will come true (literally throw back to when I dreamed of us spending a day together) and I will be able to hug you, to see you in person and tell you how much I appreciate our friendship. I can only hope that the universe brings that day closer to us, because nothing could ever make me happier. 

This year has flown by and deep down in my soul, I know that you understand me better than pretty much anybody else. You won't ever get rid of me, I will be messaging every day like usual until I die (or until I build a teleportation machine and can just spend forever with you), sending you the first edition of my published books (a girl can dream...). You will always be a part of my life because you fill my world with sunshine. 

Happy Friendship Anniversary to my soulmate, the other half of me - 

YOU HAVE MY HEART, YOU LITTLE BALL OF FLUFFY MARSHMALLOW SUNSHINE (yes, your official name now)

LOVE FROM, Jodie <3

(p.s. you totally messaged me while I was writing this and felt bad that you didn't have time to write me a one shot, that is how precious you are. You also referenced the title of this HAHA little did you know...and you cried when I told you to stop worrying because I love you and expect nothing in return. My little emotional mess, I adore you)

(pp.s. for those of you who were expecting a one shot, sorry but my best friend is FAR more important, I will have one up in the next couple of weeks I promise! Love you all)