Little Miracle Brought To Life

(Short part two of previous one shot which everyone wanted! Hope you all like it, please leave your opinion in the comments<3)

The next nine months that followed for the pair went by in a whirlwind. There were plenty of tears, arguments and nights filled with love, with Mike panicking at the aspect of being a father and El panicking about not being able to take care of a child like her. It started off with tons of hormones, with El crying at cereal adverts on the television and practically ripping Mike's clothes off if he so much as pecked her on the shoulder. She was confused at what was happening to her body, her stomach swelling into a balloon while her breasts tripled in size, something which always made her self conscious. Mike spent his time constantly coming home to her crying in the shower, making sure that after many kisses and loving touches, that she felt worthy again. He needed her to feel like she was worth it, because to him, she was worth more than anything else in the world. 

The day that Elara Sarah Wheeler arrived into the world, was one full of panic and more tears. Mike was being comforted by his future father in law, who was helping him to breathe while El was pushing out their miracle, struggling to continue. They decided on the name over months of arguing, with El wanting their daughter to be called Lara, while Mike settled on Ellie. His girlfriend decided that it was too close to her name, but Mike adored that the name translated to 'shining light', something which perfectly described what the two girls in his life were to him. After going back and forth, Hopper got sick of their arguing and suggested a mixture of their names, a unique name which none of them had ever heard of before. 

"El, come back to bed..." Mike pleaded quietly, watching his girlfriend gently rock their newborn daughter back and forth. 

Ever since she had given birth to Elara a few months ago, El had been unable to leave her alone for more than five minutes. Mike had allowed her to sneak out of bed a couple of times before deciding that her rest was important too. 

"She's too precious" she argued pathetically, "I-I just-"

"Worry about her" Mike finished off gently. 

She glanced back at him, taking note of his raised eyebrow and soft smile as if he could see right through her. El reluctantly kissed Elara on the forehead before placing her down in her crib once more, taking her boyfriend's outstretched hand. She checked that the baby monitor was on three times before Mike pulled her out of the room with a sigh, trapping her in his comforting arms back in the warmth of their bed. 

"El, talk to me..." Mike murmured, stroking her cheek. "I know that you love her more than anything, and I do too, but...you need to stop checking the baby monitor and glancing out of the windows. We both know what is going on."

El's voice was weak. "There hasn't been a sighting of him in three years."

Mike's eyes didn't widen with any surprise, and it wasn't unusual to her that he could still read her mind just like he always used to. He always knew exactly what was bothering her and what she needed, gently pressing his lips to hers until she whimpered. Her stomach had flattened down to near it's original size, but her hormones remained the same, her hands automatically gripping Mike's sweatshirt until he broke off with a laugh. Before they got distracted by their love and lust for each other, he spoke in a determined voice, hoping to convince himself as well as his girlfriend, that everything would be alright.

"I won't ever let him near you again" Mike promised, "I won't let him near this house and if he even touches a hair on our daughter's head, I will kill him. I don't care what the consequences are, I won't ever let him harm my family. You two mean more to me than the entire world, do you know that?"

El cracked a small smile. "I'm sure my Dad could still arrest you..."

He laughed, shrugging, "He likes me more than he will ever admit."

They exchanged a familiar glance with dark loving eyes, El's frantic hands immediately struggling to take off Mike's sweatshirt until his bare skin met hers. Mike found himself trying to slow El down, laughing teasingly at her intense hormones and need for him constantly, wanting every single moment with her to last. After losing themselves in a night of love and pleasure, they were awoken in the early hours of the morning to the baby monitor, Mike soothing El's panic by drawing reassuring circles over the back of her hand. 

"I'm sure she is just hungry" he suggested gently, pecking her forehead, "come on, let's go and feed our little miracle."

The last thing that they expect to walk into, was to see their three month old daughter floating in mid air above her cot. Elara squirmed but a small smile almost rested on her lips as she floated in the air, almost reaching her hands out as if wanting to touch the glow in the dark stars on the ceiling. El rushed over with panicked eyes, immediately breaking the spell and feeling their daughter drop gently into her awaiting hands. She checked her all over, finding the baby perfectly healthy, a small droplet of blood stained on her baby grow. 

"M-Mike..." El whimpered. "W-What?"

He shushed her gently, wrapping his arms around her as they stared down at their baby. She was still perfect and soft, her skin pink and supple to the touch as she wrapped her hand around Mike's finger sweetly. Mike kissed Elara's forehead before pecking his girlfriend's lips gently, sending her a reassuring smile. 

"Hey, it's okay. I mean, we always wondered if this was a possibility, right?" 

El's eyes turned more worried. "B-But Mike...what if she hurts herself? She is so small and she can't control it, I can't even remember having powers before I was six...it already seems so much stronger than mine. W-What if something goes wrong? W-We can't-"

Mike's eyes only softened. "If I can deal with one girl with superpowers in my life, I can deal with two, El."

 "How are you so calm about this?" she whispered. 

He kissed her until she almost dropped Elara, too distracted by his soft lips and teasing touches. When he pulled away and searched her eyes, she forgot what she had been worrying about, only focused on the sparkle in his dark eyes. El didn't blame Elara for reaching up for the stars, as El tried every night to stare into the stars that lay in Mike's eyes, too captivated by their beauty to even think straight. In that moment, she knew that they would be okay no matter what a bumpy ride the early years may have been. 

"What do I have to panic about?" Mike spoke softly, "I have everything that I need in the world right here, and there is no way I am letting either of you go."

xxx

Okay, sorry...can we be proud of me? This was 95% fluff and happiness, and only 5% angst...can we get a round of applause? (Mel I know you are clapping right now because this is definitely rare) 

I did love writing this though but future mileven is my favorite, please let me know if you have any future requests or suggestions for future mileven plots that I could plan! I know you all love it so give me some ideas :) Please leave comments, I would love to know if you enjoyed this second part although it was only a glimpse<3

~Jodie