The Worst Kind Of Pain

(don't be a silent reader, let me know what you think! Hella long and emotional again but then happy, I promise!)

El knew that going back to the lab was a terrible idea, but after finding out that Papa was alive, she knew that she had no choice. He would not leave her alone until she was back, so she would have to find some kind of way to get rid of him. She had been there for two days, trying to figure out how to keep postponing tests and experiments that Brenner was eager to try on her stronger powers. She knew that they would come looking for her eventually but it was still a nasty shock when the door opened and revealed the two people that she cared about the most. 

Hopper had a gun, with Mike following closely behind, unaware that they had walked right into Brenner's trap. El met Mike's eyes with a sob but fear came over her when she saw multiple guards come in behind them and block off the doors. Hopper took note of their bigger guns with a quiet gulp and glanced at Brenner angrily. 

"Let her go" Hopper warned quietly and Brenner smirked. 

"I'm afraid I can't, we have much to discover and with her strong powers, there is no one better to help us with the job. We are going to make history, isn't that right, Eleven?" he leaned down and patted El's head who glared at him. 

"I'm not doing anything for you" she gritted her teeth. 

Brenner's lips turned up and the look in his eyes made her shiver, a feeling of dread settling into her stomach. She watched him closely as he glanced at his guards, making them step closer to El in case she tried anything. His next sentence made her blood run cold. 

"Bring me the boy."

El's eyes widened in horror as three guards suddenly grabbed Mike roughly, shoving him forward as he shouted for them to let go. Hopper reached forward quickly but was stopped when another guard pressed a gun against his head, he clenched his eyes shut knowing that there was nothing that he could do. When El surged forward, reaching a hand up to get the bad men off the boy that she loved, she felt another pair grab her, their strong grips making her scream, begging for release. 

"Now, Eleven...you don't want to be disobedient. I can show you exactly why you will do everything that I say" Brenner instructed coldly, nodding to the guards holding Mike who was strapped into a chair tightly, into a strange machine. El sobbed at the familiar object in their hands, the hat with wires that they used to track her powers and brain activity, they were going to hurt him. 

And they were going to force her to watch. 

"Mike! Let go of him!" she screamed, glaring at the man who called himself her father. She watched helplessly as Mike met her gaze, fear in his dark eyes. 

"El, close your eyes" Mike begged as they slid a needle into his arm, El struggled in the grip of the guards, terrified at what they were doing to him. "I don't want you to see any of this. Just don't give in, okay? Don't give him what he wants!"

"He is going to hurt you!" El yelled at him. "He could kill you, Mike! P-Papa...Let him go, please!"

"I love you" Mike sobbed as they placed the machine beside him, the system loading up. "I love you so much, okay?"

"Mike! No!" she cried out as his eyes closed, rolling backwards. 

Brenner stepped closer to her with cold eyes. "Now, you can stop all of this. Only you can, Eleven. If you don't want me to hurt the boy, then you come back with me and you let me do whatever I want with you. You make history with me."

"Never!" she sobbed. 

"Okay" he shrugged with a smirk. "But have you heard of my new discovery, the Dream Machine? It should be called the nightmare machine really..." he chuckled darkly, "this Eleven, will work with the part of the brain that causes human beings to dream. I can look into your boyfriends brain and find out what he dreams about...more specifically, what he has nightmares about. Are you ready to see his nightmares all come to life?"