Chapter 15

The past week had been great. Jared and I have spent a lot of time together lately. I finally got the goofball to stop embarrassing me in front of Luke. Staying up late, spending evenings and nights with him, consumed me.

A few days ago Nicole messaged and let me know that she was flying in on Friday, which happened to be tomorrow. She and I managed to stay friends and kept in touch all of this time and I worried about how Jared would react to my having a friend in town. Would he be jealous? Would he feel like I was ignoring him by spending too much time with Nicole?

He seemed to be extra flirty at the studio today, tugging on the back of my hair a few times as he walked by and pulling me into his dressing room when nobody was looking.

There was one thing I could say about Jared, he was always eager to tease me in public. Running his hand up the inside of my skirt. His lips were warm on my neck as he kissed up and down. He teased me, knowing that he wasn't finished filming and this little break wouldn't last long. "Tonight, baby. Save all that aggression for tonight." He whispered as he walked out, leaving me a whimpering mess.

When filming was finally finished for the day, I climbed into the car next to Luke and smiled at his words. "You've been happy lately."

"I have." I nodded my head and looked out the window. "Who knew that he could be so sweet."

Luke looked at me, but the smile left his face, he was so serious all of a sudden. "Look, I'm really glad that you seem to be happy, and the last thing I would want is to ruin that mood, but a leopard doesn't change its spots. I hope for you, that things remain the same. I only want the best for you, Jen."

"Thank you, Luke. I really appreciate that, but I don't want you to worry about me. Let's not get all serious now! What are your plans for this evening?"

"I'm going to crash early, I think." He said gravely, looking at the moving passersby outside on the sidewalk. I noticed the worry in his voice and for a split second, gave what he said a second thought. Besides, Luke knew Jared the longest, so what if? Nah, he had gone out of his way to apologize to me for the times that he screwed me over. He'd been so caring and loving, in bed, of course, that I knew, but whatever feelings he had for me, were a lot closer to my current feelings, compared to the ones I was so verbal about in the first days of us working together.

The rest of the ride was shared in silence. I was back up in the clouds, and Luke was intrigued by the raindrops that were glued to the window, or so it seemed.

As the car stopped in front of the hotel, I notice Jared leaning on the reception desk, talking to the clerk. It was always easy to spot him, even from a distance; he always wore the weirdest clothes. He was all fidgety, and that perfect, full butt of his stuck out. It gave me some ideas of what to do when we got to my room.

Luke and I cruised down the marble floor, and were greeted by the staff, as it was their custom. At the sound of my name, Jared turned toward us, arching his back against the front desk, and resting his elbows on top of it.

"Luke. Jennifer." He greeted us with a grin as his eyes followed my steps. I kept staring at him, but stopped once turning my neck was necessary. I returned my gaze forward, and heard someone rapidly dragging their shoes on the floor behind me.

"Hi!" He said softly in my ear, with his fingers laced together behind his back. Luke heard him and rolled his eyes.

I shot him a quick frown, and furrowed my brows, but kept my lips curved slightly. "Hi."

"What you doing tonight?" He asked as he spun around and started walking backwards.

"Oh, God, the two of you, spare me the mating dance." Luke grunted in frustration. "You know what? I'm taking the staff elevator. See you later."

Jared and I looked at each other and both laughed as we shrugged our shoulders and made the same oops face. Once the elevator doors closed, he swiftly threw his body against mine, cupped the back of my neck with his hand, and pressed his sweet lips against mine.

"Jared! Jared. Camera!" I tried to speak as his lips assaulted mine, making my body temperature rise to a concerning point.

"They can sue me! This is so worth it." He opened his mouth as I opened mine and our tongues started exploring each others. Our breathing was deep and struggled, and the sucking sound of our lips was all I could hear.

He grabbed both of my hands and pinned me against the mirror, while still kissing me passionately. I could feel his hardness grow as he pressed his hips against mine.
The elevator door opened, and he strongly tugged my arm and pulled me down the corridor, toward my room. As we stopped by the entrance, he pressed me again against the door, and continued kissing me. Boy, I was in for a treat!

My face was already burning from his beard scratching against it, and God knows how I managed to get the key in my bag. I turned around and slid the key in the hole, with Jared still attacking me from behind.

"Surprise!" I heard Nicole 's voice once I turned on the lights, and I felt Jared jump back.

"Oh my God! You're here! You're early." I spoke loudly while hugging her tightly.

"Really wanted to make this a surprise! I've been planning it with the receptionist for days." Her soft, velvety voice never seemed to change. I bit my bottom lip, watching her seductively push the lollipop she had been enjoying back into her mouth.  

"You know what? One of the girls at the front desk was asking me weird questions about you. Clever girl. I guess she was getting a disguised permission to let you in my room."

We hugged again and I heard Jared clear his throat. "Oh, I'm sorry! Nicole, you probably know who he is, but a formal introduction is in order, this is Jared Leto. Jared, this is one of my best friends..."

"I'm Nicole." She interrupted me and walked toward him with her hand stretch out. Forever the flirt, she turned on the charm, blushing and pushing the candy sucker back between her bright red lips. He offered his hand, and without breaking eye contact with her, greeted her back.

"Of course, you are."