Chapter 30 Jared

Jen and Shannon both left and I sat at the table stunned. I didn't know what my fucking problem was with this girl. I actually broke my own number one rule and invited her to spend the night. I had to ask myself, was the sex really that good? I gotta admit it was damn good, but if I'm not careful, I was going to get myself into a situation that's not so easy to get out of.

I knew that I liked her, but I was also happy with the way things were. I didn't have to answer to anyone and I liked it that way, so why was she on my mind so much?

Jen was busy working for Luke and I had some errands to run before leaving for London on Sunday. I knew that she and Nicole had plans for a girls night and I probably wouldn't hear from her, at least until tomorrow. Grabbing my keys and walking out the door, I decided to have a fun night of my own.

I would call Catherine, she was my go to girl before London and I hadn't even spoken to her in weeks. I sent her a text on the way out the door and before I even arrived at my agent's office, she already replied. Her text was short and sweet, just like I liked it. She said that she would be over straight from work. Perfect, I'll wine and dine her before watching a movie and when that was over, I planned on bending her over the nearest piece of furniture, pounding the hell out of her, and would then send her on her way, all before midnight. No questions asked and no complaints.

I had to actually pat myself on the back for this one. I would continue my casual and convenient hook ups with Jen and still see other women on the side, just to prove to myself that I'm not falling for her. 'I don't fall in love.' I joked to myself.

After my meeting, I returned home and cleaned up the mess from breakfast, did some laundry, and started packing some of my things, preparing to head back to finish filming. A few hours later, I ordered food and picked it up so that when Catherine arrived, we could eat.

Unfortunately, she was held up at work and didn't drive up until almost eight. I was in no rush and only had to reheat the food. Catherine was your typical California girl, ditzy, but with a smoking hot body and of course, she was an aspiring actress. She knew my rules and had always followed them, that's why I chose her most of the time. She had become quite a regular and I loved the fact that she had yet to question me on anything. This was the girl who dropped whatever she was doing when I called or text.

Not having much of an appetite, for food, we both picked at what was on our plates. She finished off her wine and stood, kicking her heels off, and making herself comfortable on the couch. She chose a comedy and I couldn't care less what we were watching, my mind was on what was going to take place once the movie was over, if we even made it through the movie.

I had Catherine partially undressed on the couch when my phone rang. Letting it go to voicemail, I ignored it, but when the caller rang me the second time, I let out a deep breath and pulled myself off of her. I snatched the phone from the table and answered when I saw my brother's name lit up on the screen. "This better be good, Shannon!"

"Jared, I ran into your girl at the club."

"You couldn't tell me that tomorrow? I'm kind of busy right now!" I said through clenched teeth, hoping he would understand what that meant and let me get back to the business at hand.

"Well, I kind of need to drop her off to you."

"What the fuck are you talking about? I've got company, Shannon!" He knew that I had plans for the night. What the fuck was his deal?

"Well, that's a problem you need to take care of and now, we are less than ten minutes away."

"Where the fuck is Nicole, Shannon?!" I asked, raising my voice.

"Right here." It suddenly hit me what was happening. He was taking Nicole to his place and needed to get rid of Jen on the way.

I let out a frustrated breath. "Damn it, you don't know what you're dealing with. She's trouble and you need to watch yourself with her." I had to warn him about this fucking bitch.

"I'm a big boy, you worry about yourself and your own little problem. See ya in a few." He hung up on me.

I turned around and looked at Catherine. "Babe, raincheck. I'm really sorry, but I've got to take care of something for my brother. You've gotta go. Now."

She didn't appear happy, but didn't dare complain. Her facial expressions and tone were the exact opposite of each other, but sadly, we both knew this was a dick move on my part. I was going to kill my brother.
Catherine was walking to her car when Shannon pulled up. "Hey, Catherine." He waved and she rolled her eyes as she slammed her car door. "Jay, she's a little tipsy." Shannon said, turning to walk back to his car.

I watched him open the door and help her out. She was completely inebriated, almost unable to stand. "FUCK." I threw my head back, unable to hide my annoyance with the situation. I didn't want to be responsible for a drunk person. What if something happened?

He put one arm around her and she laughed loudly, throwing her arms around my neck when they got closer. "Jaarreeed. Oh my God, you are so sexy."

"It's so unfair of you to do this to me, Shannon. She can't even stand on her own. What if she gets sick?" To say I was annoyed with my brother was an understatement. I glanced over at Nicole sitting in the car. Narrowing my eyes, I just knew that she was behind this. As if getting involved with me wasn't enough for her, she was now going to involve herself with my brother. I was so thankful that she was leaving town tomorrow.

Jen was laughing and saying something about me spanking her and Shannon let out a giggle. "I see nothing funny here, she doesn't even know what she's saying." I said, shooting him an angry frown.

Shannon helped me get Jen inside and on the couch. "Ok, gotta run. Have fun you two. Come on Jared, how many times have I gotten you out of a fucked up situation? You owe me." He was right, but for this bitch? To me Nicole just wasn't worth it.

"If you say so." I chided, standing with my hands on my hips and looking down at Jen. She was smiling and staring up at me, trying her best to kick her heels off. She was still hot and sexy even when drunk and I couldn't help but crack a smile.

"I want you." She pointed at me and struggled to pull herself up.

"I want you too, just not like this."

"Jaaarrred, hi." She covered her mouth and laughed again. "Spank my ass." She said, flipping herself over on the couch and sticking her ass out. "I want you to spank me hard." Every word slurred and she almost fell off the couch. The last thing I needed was for her to hurt herself. I knew that I cared about her, but I still refused to admit that I was falling in love with her.

"Come on, Jen. You need to sleep. You are really drunk and its best if you just sleep it off." I helped her up the stairs into the guest bedroom. After a struggle to get her in bed, I pulled the covers over her. She was steadily trying to pull me in with her. She tugged at my clothing and told me how badly she wanted me, all drunken and slurred, of course. I refused to have sex with her when she is trashed. I may be a lot of things, but I would never take advantage of someone when they are intoxicated.

"That's not going to happen, sweetheart. Come on, close your eyes." I sat next to her and pushed the hair out of her eyes.
Her next words were completely unexpected. "I love you, Jared.