Prologue

Hot tears blurred my vision. I couldn't see straight, yet I longed to take one last glimpse of his face.

"Damn it, Bucky. Go!" I gritted my teeth and hissed those words that cut my inside like sharpened daggers.

"No!" Bucky's answer was instant and determined. Rage boiled within me as I fluttered my eyes shut. The sensation of bitter wetness made way along my chin.

The comfort of fingertips gently brushing against my jawline pulled my mind back to reality. "I'm here." His voice filled my world. I opened my eyes again. Through my reddening vision I saw him. His uneven stubbles, the handsome smile that played sadly at his lips. Bucky watched me, but I could see every part of him was falling apart behind his eyes.

"Stay with me, Lottie," Bucky cooed, his voice shook along with his hands.

The way he spoke my name. Goose bumps crawled on my neck. I'd thought I was myself for a brief moment, merely treasuring the false hope of safety with Bucky. Then, as if firework had lit up inside my lungs, among my organs, I felt a hot white ball of pain exploded beneath my skull. My eyes were burning, my memories with my friends and Bucky were fading by seconds.

"GO!" I cried, jerking away in pain. Blood pumped through my veins heatedly as air was sucked out of my lungs.

Bucky's face was set. He had an expression on that showed he mean whatever he was saying next. "I'm not going anywhere. Never!"

My eyes locked with his while every reminds of humanity in me was washed away. Deep inside my head, a small part of myself watched the scene unfold in horror.

As I fixed gaze with Bucky, the corner of my lips lifted slightly in a way that hinted no emotion, but lethal and the shadow of a drowning past. Bucky had his hands spread towards me, his eyes desperate as he pleaded, "Please, Lottie."

I was no longer myself. Snarling, I pulled a dagger out from my waist band. The ceiling light reflected upon the smooth metallic surface.

The monster that wore my face and stood my place whispered, "Too bad."

I screamed internally as I watched myself slashing towards the man I had loved so much.

__________________________________________________________

Hello, lovelies! I am so excited about this fanfiction myself and I have so much planned ahead:) Please vote if you like it so I'd know there are readers out there who would want to read this story:) Love ya!

-Rivers