- four.

changkyun stared into the grey eyes of the person he could see more clearly, a tall male in a shirt and apron, a waiter.

changkyun reached out to the hand and reeled back immediately as he felt what was like a jolt of lightning.

wait...

changkyun started to breathe heavier and looked down at his finger tips.

first, just the outline, a pale tan, then changkyun could see it spread down along his fingers, reaching his palm.

he stared up at the man, who was now sporting flaming orange hair.

changkyun gulped as a look of fear glided over the male, his.... soulmate.

the word wasn't foreign to him, but it sounded completely different as of now.

"i-i'm sorry-"the male said, his pink-toned lips coming into colour, he rushed away quickly, dodging through customers as he raced behind the counter.

"changkyun, was that—"

"not now, gran, please."

changkyun gulped once more and stood up, gazing at his surroundings, the colour washed over the area like a wave of pigmentation.

"it's.. beautiful.."

mr im patted his grandson's shoulder and they left the building, changkyun anticipated a long talk when they went home.

once they arrived at the small house, changkyun looked at it completely differently.

the house itself was a beige-blue and had white windowsills and a white door.

wild daisies grew through the thick cut of grass in the front lawn.

inside, changkyun saw his vibrant red drum set, he smiled at the new colours he saw.

"changkyun, can we talk?"

his grandfather's voice was full of dread, changkyun nodded and sat down in what was now a black couch.

mr im sat opposite him and looked at him with watery grey eyes, "so..he was your.. soulmate?"

changkyun gulped down the lump forming in his throat and nodded, "i think so.."

"i see, and he.. ran.. away.."

changkyun winced as though someone pinched his arm tightly, "yeah, he just said sorry and ran off,"

"what i want to know,"mr im started, "is why he ran away."

"there's a number of possibilities, he could be straight, he might love someone already, he might have been shocked, anyway, i don't care, at least my life is colourful now."

his grandfather looked sheepish, "well.. there's one thing i forgot to mention about soulmates.."

changkyun turned to the old man sharply, "what did you forget to mention, gran?"

the old man gulped, "well um.. if you don't stick by your soulmate or at least not talk to them, you.. lose your colour again.. maximum is a week, so they say."

changkyun's eyes widened, "you couldn't have told me this before i got rejected!"

mr im scowled, "you weren't rejected! that boy was just confused."

changkyun nodded solemnly, "i guess, well, i'm going to go explore my short-lived colour, i'll be back in a while and don't forget to take your medicine!"

changkyun stared down the old man until he nodded, then stood up and checked his clothing choice, finally being able to see the dye.

he was donned in a baby blue sweatshirt and stonewash jeans, along with startling red converse.

he opened the front door once more and took in the scenery.

the deep green grass, the crystal blue water and chocolate brown picket fence that ran through every garden.

he walked and walked until he was in the town

and right outside a familiar starbucks.

__________________________________

👀