- eight.

"that movie was amazing!"

the two were walking out of the cinema, thoroughly enjoyed by the movie they had finished.

"yeah,"changkyun agreed, "it was good."

jooheon tried to suppress a pout, "it's getting late.. my shift will be over in the next half hour or so.."

changkyun nodded, "okay, we can go to starbucks and i can walk ba-"

"no"jooheon said with a stern face, "i'm gonna drive you back to your place,"

changkyun's eyes widened, "n-no, you don't have to-"

"i want to."jooheon said with a smile, changkyun blushed and kept his eyes on the road ahead of them, the sky was darkening and the streetlights flickered on.

"well.. turn up here.. yeah.. then straight up.. top of the hill.. turn right and straight up until you see number sixteen."

jooheon followed changkyun's instructions and after a few more minutes they arrived at number sixteen.

"awe, your house is so cute!"

changkyun blushed again, the sky was almost navy and jooheon had pulled changkyun into an unexpected hug.

changkyun and jooheon blushed simultaneously and jooheon let go after a second, "s-sorry! i just-"

"jooheon,"changkyun grabbed his cheeks and turned his face to stare at the younger's, "it's fine, goodbye."

changkyun could feel jooheon's cheeks heat up and he smiled at him.

kiss him

changkyun furrowed his brows, huh?

kiss him

no.

changkyun let go of jooheon's cheeks, "goodbye."

"g-goodbye,"jooheon stuttered, flushed.

changkyun smiled and got out of the car, walked to his door, turned and waved as jooheon's car reversed and left.

changkyun opened the door slowly, slipped inside and shut it softly after him, his grandfather would usually be asleep by now.

he crouched low and walked into the sitting room, his eyes scattering around the hall, looking for any sign of movement.

changkyun looked up, and met his grandfather's bemused smirk.

"have fun, chang?"
__________________________________

jooheon looked at his watch frantically, he was late.

he parked his car in the spaces provided and rushed inside the large apartment block.

he ran up the stairs, avoiding the elevator as he knew it was faulty and likely to jam.

when he reached his door, he panted hard and tried to return his breathing to normal.

he opened the door tentatively, peaking around the corner, "kihyunnie?"

he opened the door wider, walking inside and closing the door after him.

he saw kihyun in the sitting room, on his phone.

"kihyun, i'm back."

kihyun hummed in response, jooheon frowned, he was still getting used to seeing the dark brown hair of his boyfriend.

"what's wrong, love?"

"why are you late?"

kihyun had a serious look as he frowned at the younger male, jooheon shrugged, "i had a later shift, mrs shin told me when i was working."

jooheon was good at lying.

kihyun pouted, then turned his head away, "okay."

jooheon smiled at him, then sat down beside him and pulled him onto his lap, "i love you."

kihyun smiled softly at him and kissed his forehead, "i love you more."

but kihyun was better.
__________________________________

yeet :) idk i hope you liked it :)

— apricotpjm