- nine.

"how was your date last night?"

mr im asked his grandson with an evil smirk, changkyun almost choked on his pancake which was in mid chew.

"it wasn't a date! we just talked and went to the movies!"

"sounds like a date,"mr im sang as he took his empty plate to the sink.

changkyun glared at his back and stuck out his tongue, but quickly hid it once more when mr im turned around.

it wasn't a date.
__________________________________

"it wasn't a date!"

jooheon stuck his tongue out at his co-workers and friends, hyungwon and hoseok.

"we both saw you, you were all red and shit then you left,"

jooheon glared at hoseok, "shut up, it wasn't a date, i have kihyun remember?"

hyungwon tched, "i guess. but your soulm-"

"changkyun."

"but changkyun is in your life now, right? or do you want to be a brotp?"

"a brotp?"

jooheon furrowed his brows at the blonde male, "hyungwon.. are you serious?"

"well,"said hyungwon, "if you don't want a brotp, you have to break up with kihyun."

jooheon paled, "break up with kihyun? i couldn't hurt him like that,"

"well than what are you gonna do? be friends with your soulmate or be friends with kihyun?"

jooheon pouted at hoseok, "hoseok-"

"hyungwon is right, jooheon, you're going to have to choose, changkyun or kihyun."

jooheon frowned, "oh.."

hyungwon sighed, "we'll get back to work, stay here, think about it for a while."

jooheon nodded, keeping his eyes to the carpeted ground.

"what am i going to do?" he cried aloud, he had his head in his hands, "kihyun, my boyfriend for a year, changkyun, my soulmate for life,"

jooheon shuddered at the thought that he and changkyun had been soulmates since they were born.

but he was two years older, was he destined to be with an unborn child until he was two?

that thought sickened him.

he wondered how he and changkyun hadn't bumped into each other until now, but then jooheon thought of how he had moved here a year ago.

and he was very preoccupied at the time.

"okay jooheon, get your shit together, kihyun is going to have this problem too, eventually."

jooheon gulped.

"but who would kihyun pick?"

jooheon shook his head, trying to find out the answer from a different angle.

"who makes me happy? who makes me.."his mind travelled back to the night before in his car, how close changkyun was and how his hands were pressed on his cheeks, "..nervous?"

he blushed at the mere memory.

but then.. he thought of all the moments he spent with kihyun, all the happy times, and the bad.

the last time they had a fight, last night, the last time they kissed, last night, the last time they...

jooheon blushed again.

he thought about kihyun's recent behavior, almost distant, did he know that jooheon found his soulmate?

he didn't know the answer to that question.

but he knew one thing, he loved kihyun a lot.

he would risk everything for the brunette.

he now knew who it would always be.
__________________________________

jooheon's shift had ended early, he walked out of the warm starbucks into the cool afternoon air, he shivered and jogged to his car.

he drove away and sighed in content as he entered the building, warming up almost immediately.

he walked the steps happily, he knew his choice, his decision, his love.

he just had to tell him.

he entered the apartment quietly, ready to surprise him with the news.

but what he saw crushed every chance of that happening.