Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Liam Parker

I was working on the latest merger deal when my phone started ringing. It was already thirty past two, who could possibly be calling me at this ungodly hour?

'Andrea'

I immediately picked it up. Andrea was with Iris right now. Actually, the reason why I was still up was because I was waiting for her to get home. I didn't realize that it's already almost three because I was too engrossed with my documents.

I mentally cursed at my carelessness. How could I get so deep into my work when Iris wasn't home at two in the morning?

"Hello?" I answered. Right away, I hear the loud music from the back. No freakin way.

"Hey Liam! It's Andrea." she starts, but she sounded nervous. "You might need to come pick your wife up... She's had one drink too many." she says.

Well, shi*.

"Where are you guys?"

-----

I arrived at the bar in less than 20 minutes while I broke all driving rules there were. I had to get there fast. I hated it when Iris got drunk and I wasn't there. She knew what happened to her every time she got drunk.

I admit, I was feeling a bit pissed that she got herself drunk, but then again I couldn't blame her.

Parking in front, I went inside. The place didn't even seem like a bar, it was almost like a club with how lively and crowded it was. Again, I started cursing. There were too many men around here.

For a while, I searched the place and finally, I found the four at some booth. They were laughing happily when I got there and I frowned even more when I saw Iris take a sip of what seems to be an alcoholic drink.

It didn't take too long for them to notice me and when they did, Xenia nudged at Iris and pointed at me. Her chocolate eyes met mine and she right away smiled. Damn, she looked beautiful.

Iris stood up and walked towards me swayingly. I met her halfway and when she was a step away, she almost fell.

Luckily, I caught her fast.

"Watch it." I said. But she didn't freakin mind. She looked up to me, her face so close that I was almost tempted to kiss her again, but I restrained myself. She smiled again and she started laughing.

She took a look back to her friends who were starting to gather her stuff. "Guys, look. Liam's here too!" But her friends paid little attention to her. Iris looked back to me and to my surprise, she embraced me around my waist.

I mean, I don't mind.

I could smell the heavy reek of alcohol from her. "What are you doing here? Looking for another girl to fool?" she asks comedically. But that was like an uppercut in the stomach.

This was one of the reason why I couldn't have her back in my life. I hurt her too much. She deserved better than this. She deserved better than me.

I ignored her comment.

"What were you thinking, getting drunk like this?" I mutter near her ear to make sure she hears me. "And without me, at that."

She chuckles softly, hugging me tighter. Goodness, she was doing this on purpose. This was step one to drunk Iris. She became flirty. "Oh right, you made that stupid rule. Not getting drunk without you, right?" she says and laughs. That rule is not stupid.