Chapter 22

Chapter 22 

Iris Parker 

My head throbbed like a hammer hitting my skull. I winced at the pain and grabbed a pillow, burying my head under it. 

Of course, it didn't help. 

Why does my head-- oh. Right. I drank last night.

My eyes instantly open. I drank last night. Oh, goodness. Where am I? 

I looked around and relief washed over me when I realized that I was in our room. Good, I got home safely. Now, the next question crept into my mind. 

How did I get home? 

But I couldn't think any further because my head started to hurt badly once again. Ugh, I hate hangovers. This is why I didn't like drinking that much. But talking and explaining the past to my best friends took my energy away and tired my heart. I guess that's why I drank so much. 

I heard a door opening and my head immediately yanked to its direction. My heart seemed to stop when I see Liam at the door. He stops and looks at me for a moment before fully closing the door. 

"Good morning." he says lowly and I notice the glass of water that he was holding. I start cursing myself when I thought of the possibilities that he was the one who brought me home. 

No, no, just no way. He knew what happened to me when I got drunk. I hope I didn't act like that. 

"What happened last night?" I ask as I watch him near me and handing me the glass of water with a pill. 

He smirks amusedly and extends his hand with the pill. I mumble a small 'thank you' and take it from him. "Of course, you don't remember." he says and shakes his head. "Well, it's probably better that way." I didn't fail to pick up the hurt and regret in his voice. 

I was stunned because he let an emotion slip through. 

As I drank the pill that he gave me, I started wondering until when we were gonna play this game of charades. We can't just forever keep guessing what we each feel and think. It's getting tiring and I'm tired of it.

"No work today?" I asked after I realize that he was still here, leaning on the bed frame. I seem to have interrupted his thoughts because his emerald eyes snapped back at me. 

"No. I was thinking that maybe we could bring the triplets out." 

I raised my eyes at him. What? Bring them out? 

"Is there something wrong about that?" he asks, seemingly confused but I quickly shake my head. 

"No, no, not at all. It's just... A bit sudden." I say, more to myself than him, but he managed to hear it anyway. He smiles and I melt inside. 

I quickly chastised myself for being affected though. I shouldn't be, I just couldn't go back. But all my thoughts just kept coming back. After all, it's not just about me or him. It's about him, me and most importantly. 

Any choice that we make now will affect them greatly.

I grew up in a complete family and I don't want to withhold that away from them, they deserved a complete family also. But I stared at Liam who was walking towards the closet. 

Deep inside, I know that I've already made my decision, but my heart couldn't accept it yet.

-----

We were eating at Miles End Club. Today, their menus consisted of Italian cuisine and as soon as we sat down, they started serving the food by courses.