Popcorn and Kisses

Prompt: AU where the Doctor (a.k.a John Smith) and Clara are teenagers and he kisses her after a football game. Football as in soccer, not American Football. Sent in anonymously, enjoy!

++++++++++++++

John Smith watched in excitement as the ball was passed around the field, bouncing off of heads and knees and various other places. He had Clara Oswald next to him on their second official date, a feat not even he could comprehend, much less the rest of the school. But here she was, smiling and laughing and hanging on his arm. Here she was cheering on the team and hugging John whenever they scored and actually talking to him.

"John! Another one!" Clara yelled, giving him her victory hug. They were holding hands now, and even though Clara was only hugging him for physical contact that made her heart flutter, she wanted John to think it was for something else.

"C'mon! Let's go!"

++++++++++++++

Another hour later and two more goals, the couple reluctantly left the game. Clara no longer had an excuse to hug him, if she even had one in the first place. They were still holding hands, and John really wanted to kiss her, but he decided against it. Believe it or not, he had never actually kissed a girl before, and he was sixteen. He knew Clara had kissed her former boyfriend, who ended up cheating on her with Rose Tyler. David was known as a bit of a player, but Clara loved him anyway. John still didn't know why.

"Hey, John? Are you hungry?" Clara asked the tall man standing next to her. She loved his gangly walk and his quiff of hair. She had always had a thing for guys with floppy hair.

"Yeah. I've got some food at home, if you want. I don't have any money left, and I refuse to let you pay."

+++++++++++++++

They ended up John's house a half hour later, and decided to have a meal of tea and popcorn. Mostly because that's all either was up for making.

They sat on his couch, eating and laughing and talking, and then all of a sudden John saw Clara lean in, ready to kiss him. So he leaned in, and their lips met in what John could only describe as both amazing and disgusting. For one, he felt the sparks, but there was also another person's saliva entering his mouth as they sat on his couch kissing for nearly twenty seconds before needing air. Clara blushed and smiled at him, and John leaned in for another kiss, determined to make this night last.

+++++++++++++++++

Alright kids! That's it! Please vote, comment, and follow! As always, if you have a prompt send it in via comment or PM. I'll be sure to write it. Sorry it's so short. They always are... :/