Always

Prompt: Clara is pregnant and is now in labor, with the Doctor right by her side, even if it isn't his child.(It's not her fault that she's pregnant.) Sent in anonymously. I've never been in labor before, so for this may not be the best thing ever. My deepest apologies Ms. Anonymous, but I will give it a shot.

+++++++

Clara was in agony. Not in so much agony that she wanted to scream, but she was definitely in pain. The Doctor stood by her side as she was rushed into a room where she would wait until she was ready. Then she would be put into another room where she would actually have the baby.

The Doctor stood by her side, worried for her. She was a tiny little thing and yet her she was, and it wasn't even her fault. He had already taken care of the man who did this to her when the Doctor himself couldn't be there to protect her.

"Thank you, again. I know this isn't something that you want to be doing," Clara said when they entered her room. The Doctor was still holding her hand, and Clara squeezed it lightly.

"I'd do anything for you."

"Don't say that."

"Why not? It's true. I'd take you to a proper, future hospital where you wouldn't be in any pain," he said, stroking her hair. "Clara, I want you to know that I really would do anything for you. That's what you do for the people you love."

"You're too good to me. I love you too, you big chin," she said smiling. Then her face contorted in pain as she had another contraction. She squeezed the Doctor's hand tighter and waited for it to pass.

"Hey, you okay?" he asked her, smoothing her hair down again.

"Totally."

+++++++

The Doctor started thinking about the past few months. She had come to him, in hysterics, because she was pregnant, thinking it was his. The Doctor ran a few tests, and soon found out that it wasn't. They had gotten into fights over how she had cheated on him, even though she kept denying it. But how could he believe her? She was pregnant. And then she told him what that man had done to her, the one she had met at a friend's party. Rage had consumed him and he had hunted down the man and made sure his life was a living hell.

"Doctor, you don't have to take care of me," she had said to him.

"Of course I do. You didn't ask for this," he had replied. And she knew he was right; he could see that much on her face. She only frowned and then hugged him.

The Doctor had watched in awe as she grew bigger and bigger, it was amazing to see how much she changed over the months. He knew it would be hard, having a child on the TARDIS.

"I'm putting the baby up for adoption when it's born," Clara had informed him a couple of weeks ago.

"Why?"

"I'm not ready for kids, and every time I think about this baby, I think about what happened to me, and I know it'll only be worse to see the baby."

"But, Clara," he had said.

"No buts. It has to be done, " was all she said, tears forming in her eyes as she spoke.

+++++++

The Doctor felt a squeeze on his hand again and he could see the pain visible on her face, trying not to look terrified of having the child.

"Doctor, thank you again," she said for the fourth time that hour.

"Stop saying that. I'm here whatever you need," he said. He tried to help her get more comfortable when the nurse came in. She checked up on Clara and nodded.

"It's time to go to the next room, you're ready," she said. She grabbed the bed and started moving Clara into the next room. Clara let go of the Doctor's hand so that he could walk, and they entered the next room, which happened to be a lot more unpleasant than first.

"Okay, Clara, get ready to push," the nurse said.

+++++++

The Doctor stood by her side as she squeezed his hand and muttered curse words, but never once did she scream or screech. She groaned a couple of times, but for the most part, she was silent. The Doctor encouraged her the whole way through, and when Clara was finally done, he smiled at her and kissed her forehead.

"Well done, Impossible Girl."

+++++++++

Clara named the child John, and put him up for adoption. He was adopted in two days, and Clara was satisfied that she had made the right decision. The Doctor only watched as Clara gave up her child and didn't shed a single tear in front of him. What else could he do? She wasn't going to let him in to her feelings, so he wasn't going to try.

Which is why he found it strange when she asked him, "Am I a horrible person for putting John up for adoption?"

He only stared at her before he simply said, "No."

They had left it at that, and when Clara started to cry, he was there for her. He was always there for her, even if she didn't know it.

++++++

That's it. Sorry, it sucks but I needed to write it and I felt guilty even thinking about not writing it. So, vote? Comment? Follow? Thanks guys for all of the prompts and such, they mean a lot! Please send more in, I'm trying to catch up on writing them! (But I promise they are being written.)