Eleven

General Pickens day . A day that is celebrated by many in Riverdale . I had always enjoyed pickens day , the maple snow cones and spending time with everybody . However this year it has been sponsered by Lodge industries and Andrews Construction . In my opinion any event that is involved with Hiram Lodge is asking for a diaster.

I was standing with Dad and Archie as i noticed Hiram Lodge heading our way. Here we go .
"Fred Andrews" he said shaking Dads hand.
"The father of the boy that stole my daughters heart" Hiram laughed. "Glad to hear youll still be working with Lodge industries . Ah this must be the lovley Luna Andrews Veronica has told me all about " he extended his hand for me . Archie and Dad looked at me . I slowly took his hand and shook it .
"Right i must be off , pickens day to attend to and all " Hiram said before leaving . Hiram was one of them people , some people it took time for them to realise however people like me saw it straight away in that crooked smile of his . He walked away and onto the small stage , he stood infront of the microphone .
"Hello Riverdale . Happy pickens day , on behalf of Lodge industries and Andrews construction . We are thrilled to kick things off with a new twist on an old favourite . So Veronica and the pussycats " The audience applauded as the girls went onto the stage.
Nightshades on a warning
Give me strength or give me a light
Give me anything
Even sympathy
Theres a chance you could be right if i listen close
I can hear them singers
Oh oh oh voices in your body coming through on the radio
The union of the snake is on the climb
Moving up its gonna race its gonna break through the borderline
The union of the snake is on the climb
Moving up its gonna race its gonna break through the borderline all of a sudden as the music stopped a huge group of serpents came walking through with signs and their mouths taped shut . I noticed Sweetpea. Well its not that hard he is pretty tall . He had grey tape over his lips , and was holding a sign that said honour this land in capital letters . He spotted me looking and rose his eyebrows at me .
"Toni ? Jughead ? What the hell is going on ?" Veronica said confused.
"Were here representing the dead and the silenced . Pickens day is a lie . General Pickens slaughtered the Uktena tribe . My grandfathers family and this land , the land we are standing on . The land that will soon give way to a new southside was stolen from them. We cant bring them back but we can and we must honour them " Toni said through her megaphone . Hiram came running back onto the stage .
"Hey folks , hi "
"Uh i think we can proud to live in a riverdale where young people can stand up for justice and where a young woman can defend the honour and legacy of the Uktena and her grandfather. And where we can celebrate the living legacy of the Uktena who contribute to the rich tapestry that is Riverdale that is the southside that will be so dale . So lets hear a round of applause for that am i right " Hiram smiled . Crowds began to clap and cheer . I couldnt help but shake my head at hiram he would do anything to save himself . I looked back over to the serpents who all looked frustrated.
The music had started once again , Fred was busy talking to Alice and Betty. Archie was walking over to Mr Lodge . I slipped out my phone .
Luna
Meet me behind the tent
I sent to Sweetpea as i proceeded to behind the tent looking around before i went behind it . A few minutes passed until Sweetpea had arrived . The tape was still on his mouth which he then peeled off leaving his face quite red.
"Nice protest " i admitted .
"It was Jones pointless idea"
"How was it pointless ?"
"Well Hiram of course seemed to turn it back around "
"He always does . But listen standing up for something even if it wasnt as succesful as you thought it would be isnt pointless "
"Just wish that stupid Hiram Lodge would just"
"Trust me i know " i roll my eyes.
"What you doing Tonight?" He asked me
"Not sure yet ."
"Okay well let me know cause you still owe me another game of pool" he smirked . I looked at him before going on my tiptoes and planting a kiss on his lips before laughing.
"Youre so sticky " i say wiping my lips he laughed.
"Its the tape " he says before kissing me once more purposelly because he was sticky .
"Stop" i laugh . We both turn because we hear footsteps coming near the back of the tent.
"Go " i say quietly . He quickly turnt round and went round the otherside . The footsteps came round the corner to reveal Kevin Keller.
"Luna " he says in suprise.
"What are you doing back here ?" He asked me looking around me .
"Just had to take a call " i lie . Kevin looked at me suspiscouslly but nodded before linking our arms and taking me to get another snow cone .

....
"Isnt this something the southsiders would do ?" Hiram said looking at the decapitated pickens statue . Everyone knew this would form alliances .