Thirty Seven

Just as Luke Skywalker went to planet Dagobah so too has Archie been in the Canadian hinterlands , wondering what dark demons he would have to face before he came home. Speaking of home since Riverdales quaratine the crime rate had risen for instance a series of cat burglaries . Toni and Cheryl both layed on the bed money surrounding them .
"You make an extremely sexy Robin Hood TeeTee . Stealing from the rich to give to well .. Us " Cheryl said with a grin
"Youre so crazy .. I love you "
"I love you " she giggled before placing her lips on Tonis .
It had been five weeks since we were cut off from the rest of the world . The  quarantine has been lifted but lets just say Riverdale hadnt quite got its pep back just yet. I was currently with Jughead in his trailer , he had just found out something.
" A serpent dealing Hirams drugs " i say shocked at what he just had told me
"This is my fault . I was gone for too long i left the serpents high and dry "
"No you were protecting Archie " i say placing my hand on his arm
"Yeah and while i was busy protecting the red paladin , Hiram made a play for the entire town and he took it . Fizzle rocks are everywhere , Weatherbees running Riverdale High like a police state"
"I cant even wrap my head around it " i sigh
Meanwhile me and Jughead were together , Archie and Vegas were in the cabin attmepting to connect to the radio .
"This is KDK 12 calling KDK 1 . Over "
"This is KDK 1 , how are things looking over your neck of the woods ? Over " the ranger said
"Same as the last few weeks quiet and clear . Over "
"Glad to hear it . Still thinking about staying on for another rotation or are you ready to leave the wilderness behind you . Over "
"I might sleep on it . Im still figuring things out . Im not sure if im ready to go back yet "
"Copy that " the Ranger interupted " oh weve been getting some bear sightings . So stay vigilant while your clearing te trails . Over "
"Will do ma'am . Over and out " he said disconnecting the radio and patting his side .
"Come on boy " he said leading the way out of his cabin.

Jughead had called over the serpents to the riverbank .
"All right Serpents !" He said making everyone gather round "its come to my attention that one of us has been selling fizzle rocks , slinging dope is not what we do . So from this moment on were going clean . There will be no selling of drugs of any kind , this wont be tolerated . Anyone that breaks this will be permantely exiled . "
"I think its pretty redic that you vanish for a month on some vision quest with you bestie only for you to return and lecture us about responsibility "
"We got no money coming in Jug . I mean how are we meant to eat , survive ?"
" we will figure it out and get back to you , all of you . In the meantime in unity theres strength "
"In unity theres strength " everyone repeated before taking off to what they was originally doing. I went back to Jugheads trailer. As we got back the door to his trailer knocked it was Fangs . He sat down on the sofa he looked nervous .
"Fangs are you okay ?" He shook his head so i sat next to him . He began to say that he was the serpent which was dealing the fizzle rocks .
"If you were hard up you could have talked to me "
"The quarantine happened . I needed money , you were gone .
"Well you could have spoken to me " i say giving him a small smile
"What did you need the money for ?" I ask but i see his eyes get watery as he sniffed.
"My Moms sick , shes got treatments that we cant pay for " i wrapped my arm over his shoulder.
"Fangs your like a brother to me " Jughead said to him "we could have helped you " i reassure
"I was ashamed "
"Fangs the punishment for breaking this code is exile .. However you have had a rougher year than most . Im willing to look the other way just this once but this has to stay between us and if i see you doing this again i wont be looking the other way . Okay "
"Im done with dealing that shit " he said he looked at me with a sigh of relief .
For Cheryl and Toni tonight they were busy busting there way into the pembrooke sneaking into the Lodges abode. As they looked round something spotted their eye .
"Is that a glamourge egg ? Worth more than the GNP of most developing countries " Toni said eyeing the decorative egg.
"Why yes Kitty cat it is " she picking it up and handing it to Toni
"Okay lets go " Toni said slightly anxious that Hiram would come back
"Wait Tee Tee , im feeling particulary brazen tonight " she smirked looking at the self portrait of Hiram that rested above the fire place . She decided to leave her mark , a lovely kiss mark on his face in her iconic red lipstick .
"Now we can go " Cheryl smirked. Things were not looking as good for Archie as he took our family dog on a walk through the trails , Vegas lead Archie down a trail until he stopped and began to bark at a bush .
"Vegas its okay come this way " he said turning around waiting for him to follow .
"Vegas "
"Vegas " he heard some twigs snap and Vegas went quiet . The growling wasnt from Vegas , he turnt back round and faced what was making the rumbling sound . Vegas began barking again ..... He shoved open the cabin door holding his bleeding chest quickly going to the radio.
"This is KDK 12 calling KDK 1 " he panted looking down at his shirt which was soaked with blood  "KDK 12 calling KDK 1 "
"Were recieving you . Over "
"I need help , ive been attacked by a grizzly. Im in bad shape " he said still panting .
"How severe are the injuries ? Over "
"Its bad " he groaned
"Stay calm . Help is on the wa.." The radio went all static.
"Youre cutting out "
"Apply pressure , are you able to dress the wound ?" It cut out
"Hello ? Hello ? Damn it " he pulled himself up struggling and managed to get to the bed he groaned as he laid down . Vegas began to whimper .
"Its okay boy , its okay . They said there on there way , we have gotta stay calm " he said extending his hand to stroke Vegas so he would calm down.
"Good boy " he said as he laid there in pain . Soon enough the ranger burst through the door , Vegas was already barking like he knew that Archie was in desperate need of help .
"Come on " she said running over to him and looked at the currently unconcsious boy .
"Come on kid wake up " she said looking at the wound .
For me i was with Sweetpea and Fangs around a fire that had been lit to keep us warm as the serpents were called for another meeting by the riverbank .
"Im cold and tired can we do this tommorow " i groan and Sweetpea puts his arm around me .
"Serpents earlier today i got us a deal . I got us a paid gig . From now on we will be working as security for Veronica Lodge , her speakeasy and her employees " everyone began cheering and clapping which i joined in since they were waiting for a break like this.
"Long life the serpents " Sweetpea shouted making me laugh
"Settle down i know its good news for a change , but ive also gathered us here for less celebratory reasons. Cheryl Toni come up here "
"Excuse me what did we do " Cheryl exclaimed
"You broke into the Lodges apartment and stole a glamourge egg " he says and i look at Toni who looked guilty.
"So what if we did " Cheryl said crossing her arms over her chest
"Well more than that you left your calling card attaching yourself and the serpents to your crime "
"Im not afraid of Lodge , whats he going to do call the sheriff oh wait there is none "
"Cheryl thats not the point you broke the code . Turn in your jackets and go " this wasnt turning out to be what i expected .
"Are you serious Jones ? Im a serpent by blood " Toni said angrily "you cant take that away from me " Cheryl stepped forward.
"You hypocrite . You give your drug dealing buddy Fangs a pass but you crucify us " i sigh why did she have to say that .
"And in case you were wondering how we know . Fangs told Sweetpea , who told me " Sweetpea pinched the bridge of his nose
"Who told me " Cheryl stepped in once again
"If your asking for our jackets shouldnt you be asking for his aswell "
"Jug " i say shaking my head i know Fangs shouldnt have dealt the fizzle rocks but he was struggling , more than any of us were.
"Youre right . Fangs give me your jacket "
"Hey . What the hell man " Sweetpea spat about to get closer to Jughead
"Sweetpea its okay " he say putting his hand infront of him to stop him . He handed Jughead his jacket and walked off . Sweetpea shoved past Jughead .
"Some leader you are " he huffed before calling Fangs name following after him. All i heard as i followed after the two boys was Cheryl and Toni arguing to keep their jackets and something about an assingment tommorow. We all went to Sweetpeas trailer .
"How could he do that " Sweetpea huffed before holding his head in his hands.
"Sweetpea its okay " Fangs said , Sweetpea had stormed off hitting the bedrrom door before slamming it shut.
"Fangs hes going to ask you to come back i know it . Dont worry if you need anything i mean it just give me a call"
"Thanks Luna " he said wrapping his arms around me
"No worries "
"Im gonna get back to mom "
"Okay bye Fangs " i say as he leaves the trailer . As i went into the bedroom Sweetpea was sat on the edge of the bed his head in his hands. I crouched down in front of him .
"Baby look at me " i say lifting his chin up "hes going to want him back trust me "
"What would you know " he spat
"I dont but i have a feeling " my hand rested on the back of his neck
"Just get some sleep its late and we have our first job tommorow " i say leaving a kiss on his head before he got undressed and got in bed . I went into the kitchen and got myself a glass of water and sat at the table texting Jughead bascially begging him to take back Fangs.
Our first assignment was because Reggie got beaten by a group of gargoyles who popped his tires last time and took he stock from the back of the wagon . This time round would be different. Reggie stoped the wagon before he reached the strip which popped the tires last time , soon enough the gargolyes soon grabbed him .
"Weve gotta stop meeting like this " he said sarcastically
"Shut up ! Trash the cargo the lot of it "
"I wouldnt do that if i were you " Reggie said smugly before they could react the serpents burst out the back of the wagon , Sweetpea leading them with his bat in his hand .
"Its an ambush !" The leader shouted as i shoved him onto the floor.
"I did try and tell you " Reggie said making me laugh a little
"Pick him up " Jughead said so i picked up the masked person and pulled the mask off him , Reggie came and grabbed the other arm.
"I want you to go back to your gargoyle king or your man in black or Hiram Lodge and i want you to tell him that Veronica Lodge is now under the protection of the serpents and that riverdale hasnt fallen "
"Go " he said so me and Reggie let him go and he ran off . Soon we heard running and the serpents were coming back .
"Good job " i smirk at Sweetpea as he puts the bat in his other hand so with the other one he could hold mine.
"Knew this bat would come in handy " he grinned